Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Stupid Hoarders!

Look, the bottom line is you to have enough ammo to let you secure. I don't feel secure unless I have 1000 rounds sitting in my case. It gets dated and used and cycled thru.

The point is, what good is the gun unless you have ammo?

Stay prepared, you will need that ammo one day!

Craig
    OBAMA - One Big Ass Mistake America.....

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mache62 View Post
    Seriously....I don't understand this type of thinking. What's the point of having all that ammunition sitting around in your house??
    It's real simple. I've stockpiled enough ammo and reloading components over the years to get through times like this. With what I have on hand I can shoot 100 rounds every weekend for over 3 years without spending a dime. At the moment I'm not concerned with the ammo shortages. I cast my own bullets, been able to replace the powder and primers I'm using, as I use them maintaining my inventory. I need nothing right now, if it takes me 3 months to find some powder or primers it's no big deal. Most of what I have was bought over the years, not the last 3 months.

I do feel for you guys in a way. You can learn from this or go on carrying a grudge towards those who were prepared. When things ease up and you intend on shooting 100 rounds, buy 150 and put 50 away. Do this religiously and you'll never have this problem again.
    Last edited by pennlineman; March 24th, 2013 at 09:21 PM.

(Wayne County)

I like to swim in it like Scrooge McDuck.

I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by fttfbass View Post
    If you don't understand that line of thinking, then you're on the wrong forum man. I would imagine over 90% of the active members on this forum have more ammunition than you think they should have.
    Ha! I have more than I think I need,lol
    Glad I reload, that's all I got

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    OP, lemme ax you a question:

Are you one of those people that when a snow storm is on the way that you run out to the store to buy bread, milk and eggs?
    No. I think those people are ridiculous. The French Toast crowd are exactly who the media is hoping will react in order to validate their jobs!

The point of my post isn't how much ammo I think someone should have, it's more trying to understand the need of thousands of rounds hanging around for what??

I don't need that much ammo to feel secure. I think it's a little paranoid to feel like you might be invaded by an army....besides the fact that you couldn't possibly defend yourself against it!

(Lancaster County)

No. I think those people are ridiculous. The French Toast crowd are exactly who the media is hoping will react in order to validate their jobs!

The point of my post isn't how much ammo I think someone should have, it's more trying to understand the need of thousands of rounds hanging around for what??

I don't need that much ammo to feel secure. I think it's a little paranoid to feel like you might be invaded by an army....besides the fact that you couldn't possibly defend yourself against it!
    Do you have any idea how long an ammo shortage will last? So far it's coming up on 5 months, and reports from the ammo manufacturers they have back orders for at least the next 2 years.

How much ammo would you need to have on hand of regular shooting to not buy for the next 2 years? You're looking at it from the paranoia aspect, many others are looking at it as "been here before and don't want to get caught short again" aspect.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Cambria County)

I think it's a little paranoid to feel like you might be invaded by an army....besides the fact that you couldn't possibly defend yourself against it!

You also think Hoarders/Preppers are stupid...nuff said...
    You can only draw so many lines in the sand before you are backed into a corner...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by FAL-SHOOTER View Post
    You also think Hoarders/Preppers are stupid...nuff said...
    Yup, it's the horders that are stupid, it certainly isn't the people without ammo that are stupid.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Northampton County)

Seriously....I don't understand this type of thinking. What's the point of having all that ammunition sitting around in your house??
    The point is I get to go shooting and you can't. Ha ha.

First of all I'd like to think of it more as common sense. Common sense tells me its stupid to run out for bread, eggs, and milk just because someone yells snow. .....The sky is falling little chicken. Unless we are living in Antartica, and even then I can't imagine they are stuck for weeks without french toast.

Secondly, I never said I didn't have any ammo, only that I was limited to a single box at the range. I have ammo for my personal defense, it's different than what I am shooting on the range during the week. If you are hoarding range ammo then you are part of the problem. It works hand in hand with the politicians to create a scare and drive the demand sky high in addition to making the prices inflated.

To that end you are just hurting all of us because if you think the price is ever going to fall again....well, I got a bridge for sale.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast