Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Jim Carrey - You are now hereby warned!

I never liked the guy when he was a supposed "star". Hate the clown now.

Also hate the fact that I cannot boycott that which I would never watch anyway.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Here's his new anti-gun video:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/043...eatured_videos

It's worse than his worst movies, if that's possible. I couldn't stand to watch even half of it.
    The end is the worst part. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Here's his new anti-gun video:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/043...eatured_videos

It's worse than his worst movies, if that's possible. I couldn't stand to watch even half of it.
    I vote for "or die"

(Philadelphia County)

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

It's unfortunate that so many celebrities come out as anti-gun, but I don't think we need to boycott every movie with an anti-gun celebrity acting in it. If you don't like the actor, that's one thing, but if you otherwise like the characters they portray and the movies they're in--remember a lot more people are involved in making the movie than just the actor who's coming out against guns.

But, if you'd rather not throw any money their way, that's fine. That's what bit-torrent is for! Enjoy some of their movies "guilt-free" knowing your dollars won't trickle from your pocket to the Brady Campaign's.

Edit: I am an infraction magnet lately. Please do not take my advice unless you're a PAFOA'er living in Switzerland, in which case it is legal. IANAL
    Last edited by jpkotor; March 25th, 2013 at 08:16 PM.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by jpkotor View Post
    It's unfortunate that so many celebrities come out as anti-gun, but I don't think we need to boycott every movie with an anti-gun celebrity acting in it. If you don't like the actor, that's one thing, but if you otherwise like the characters they portray and the movies they're in--remember a lot more people are involved in making the movie than just the actor who's coming out against guns.

But, if you'd rather not throw any money their way, that's fine. That's what bit-torrent is for! Enjoy some of their movies "guilt-free" knowing your dollars won't trickle from your pocket to the Brady Campaign's.
    Using bit-torrent or any other form of sharing of copyrighted material is illegal. It wouldn't be guilt-free when according to Chapter Five, Article 504 of the U.S. Copyright Act, each infringement carries a minimum $750 and maximum $30,000 penalty, while willful infringement carries a maximum penalty of $150,000.

Suggesting such activities will not be tolerated at PAFOA.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Using bit-torrent or any other form of sharing of copyrighted material is illegal. It wouldn't be guilt-free when according to Chapter Five, Article 504 of the U.S. Copyright Act, each infringement carries a minimum $750 and maximum $30,000 penalty, while willful infringement carries a maximum penalty of $150,000.

Suggesting such activities will not be tolerated at PAFOA.
    That is the only way I would ever watch a Carrey movie. Under threat of imprisonment and with a gun pointed at me.

Heck, not even then.

(Bucks County)

Still not fully understanding 'hereby warned' about what?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by tarzan View Post
    Along with Stallone, Carrey will no longer get any attention from me. If a movie has their name in it it will not be watched. Funny how Stallone has made a lot of movies as a gun toter,
    Not just in movies. He is actually a gun-toter. A freedom of information request a little while back to the LA Sheriff's department revealed his approved California CCW permit, including the multiple handguns he intended to carry with said permit. After advocating "door-to-door" confiscation of all handguns in prior interviews.

And it's almost impossible the get that permit in CA, but favoritism of celebrities and discrimination against the commoners would probably be among the least immoral acts of the LA Sheriff's Dept and LAPD.

(Chester County)

If you've seen one Jim Carrey movie you've seen them all. His schtick is the same in all of them. I watched about 20 minutes of Dumb and Dumber and had to turn it off and then watched some other Ace Ventura thing for about the same amount of time. They sucked, he's meaningless in the scheme of things, move along. That's the worst reaction for him, ignore him and make him as useless and meaningless in your life as he really is.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

I like Jim, I think he is funny but here is the thing, I don't look towards comedians for my political direction. He is entitled to his opinion and we are entitled to disagree.
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast