Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Here comes the over priced LNIB ar15 flood.

Was in a local shop today and heard a gushing trying to sell the shop a Dpms for $1300 because that's what he just paid for it.

It's going to be years until they are back at $650 where they should be. Makes me sick how people panic buy and then panic dump at the same inflated prices when their wives call them out.

/rant
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Here comes the over priced LNIB ar15 flood.

I give it 4-6 months before prices are normalized again. Dealers are not going to give more than 50-75% of cost on a used gun no matter how like new it is, manufacturers are catching up in production and there are lots of credit cards coming due soon. Anyone that wants to private sell their stuff off for even close to the inflated prices better get on the stick because the market will soon be flooded but with normally priced guns.

(Bucks County)

I think it will be faster than you think. The people who bought them to gouge are getting screwed......

And.....every manufacturer is making them at full capacity and they will be back in stock eventually. Everyone who really wanted on has one by now so I'm not sure what the actual future demand will be.

There may be a glut of assault weapons soon (at least I hope so)

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I think it will be faster than you think. The people who bought them to gouge are getting screwed......

And.....every manufacturer is making them at full capacity and they will be back in stock eventually. Everyone who really wanted on has one by now so I'm not sure what the actual future demand will be.

There may be a glut of assault weapons soon (at least I hope so)
    +1 I think that there may be some really good deals on people selling there ar's that they realize they cant afford in the coming months.

(York County)

Pending no more major ban scares, we'll be flooded in guns by summer I think with prices back to normal. Ammo might take a little longer to catch up though.

(Northampton County)

I'm sure if you want a DPMS or an Oly you will be happy with the flood.

Then you can post how ARs suck.

Prices and availability on real ARs will remain unpleasant for quite some time. For new stuff, prices will remain unpleasant for a year or two.

Backorder at reasonable prices will remain inconvenient forever.

Based on my experience over the last 5 years. All 5 years.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steelblitz View Post
    Pending no more major ban scares, we'll be flooded in guns by summer I think with prices back to normal. Ammo might take a little longer to catch up though.
    Ammo took more than 3 years to catch up from 2007. Why do you think it will take less than a year this time?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    Was in a local shop today and heard a gushing trying to sell the shop a Dpms for $1300 because that's what he just paid for it.

It's going to be years until they are back at $650 where they should be. Makes me sick how people panic buy and then panic dump at the same inflated prices when their wives call them out.

/rant
    There is no reason for this to make you fell ill in any way. Why would you be concerned about someone elses personal business? If you want to buy, buy at the price you think is reasonable or at the price that is possible. If you think the prices are inflated now, wait a couple of months.

You only get to determine "where they (prices) should be..." when you are buying. You hold the ultimate power in choosing whether to buy or not. Not that it matters, but I do not see a shop paying 1300 for a DPMS rifle, not today. If the shop does decide to buy that rifle, it is their money and their choice.

When these people "panic dump" as you put it they always lose money, for the same reason they paid so much... supply and demand. Your feelings about the activity of the market are irrelevant, and you should understand that.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Allegheny County)

A sellers market will soon turn into a buyers market. It will be like the stock market for guns

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Ammo took more than 3 years to catch up from 2007. Why do you think it will take less than a year this time?
    I agree, it's been a little over 3 months since this all started and ammo is still very hard to find, when it hits the shelves it's gone not long after.

My son in law called me yesterday from Bass Pro in Virginia and told me they have 9mm, 100rnds for 24.00, so I told him to grab me 4 boxes. So he walks back to get it and literally within the 2 minutes he called it was all gone.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast