Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Here comes the over priced LNIB ar15 flood.

Yesterday, at PSA, AE 223 sold out @ 59.99 for 100 rds. Sold out quick, but to damn expensive for that round. I'll pay that for 75 gr ASYM, but not for AE 55 gr.

It seems the average price per round might hover around 60 to 80 cents a round for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Lehigh County)

Adam Smith and the free hand theory helped to build our country's superior commercial environment
    Exterior market force place instability on supply and demand.
    Price occurs where supply meets demand.

Something is only worth what an individual is willing to pay for it.

Econ 101
    Last edited by Gungear9; March 23rd, 2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: typo

(Butler County)

in a few months the prices on these guns will drastically decrease in my opinion. A large portion of the buyers during the panic were not as passionate about the sport as we are. They will be looking to unload. It'll definitely be a buyers market come summertime.

^All just my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    I'll pay that for 75 gr ASYM,
    Yes Sir.....this stuff is a hand loader's home away from home.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Schlafftablett View Post
    I give it 4-6 months before prices are normalized again. Dealers are not going to give more than 50-75% of cost on a used gun no matter how like new it is, manufacturers are catching up in production and there are lots of credit cards coming due soon. Anyone that wants to private sell their stuff off for even close to the inflated prices better get on the stick because the market will soon be flooded but with normally priced guns.
    From your lips to God's ears! Can we include ammo in that prayer too? Unfortunately I am a pessimist when it come to this stuff -Feinstein and Ried are still on the loose...
    Cb

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by solrac7 View Post
    From your lips to God's ears! Can we include ammo in that prayer too? Unfortunately I am a pessimist when it come to this stuff -Feinstein and Ried are still on the loose...
    Cb
    I don't own an AR (yet) but I am in the market for one over the next few months. I'm kicking myself for not buying in october when I was looking, but my prediction is that prices come back down for a period of time, could be months could be a year but I think there will definitely be another panic brought on. Either from new legislation proposals or God forbid another tragedy. Therefore I'm ok with paying $100-$300 above pre panic prices. With feinstein and other pro gun control advocates still pushing, you never know if they'll get their wish.

Low end, high volume production AR's (Bushy's, DPMS, S&W's entry level stuff, etc) are showing up slowly and will continue too. The High end and boutique brands, (PWS, POF, Larue, etc) will prob take a bit longer. Daniel Defense might be an exception and they never got into the gougeing either. I think the guys who thought they might make a quick buck flipping them or the panic "the UN is coming!!!!" guys who have gotten over it are gonna be trying to unload in droves.....most likely entry level cheeseand perhaps a few walmart Colts or SIG's. (those might be worth picking up if guys are unloading them cheap)

Ammo......I just dont know what to think. I was through this with the Bush Sr. bullcrap, the brady bill, the 92 AWB, Clintons importaion ban, late 2008 pre Obummer election scare and never saw it like this. A big difference of then VS now is the wars, and now the goverments huge mammoth DHS and other agency ammo purchses in the billions of rounds, limiting capacity, materials and manpower to supply the civilian market. They are in effect hoarding.........

Going to be an interesting rest of 2013.

(Butler County)

its BS all of the rounds DHS is buying up to keep out of our hands.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BallisticArcher View Post
    <snip>

Ammo......I just dont know what to think. I was through this with the Bush Sr. bullcrap, the brady bill, the 92 AWB, Clintons importaion ban, late 2008 pre Obummer election scare and never saw it like this. A big difference of then VS now is the wars, and now the goverments huge mammoth DHS and other agency ammo purchses in the billions of rounds, limiting capacity, materials and manpower to supply the civilian market. They are in effect hoarding.........

Going to be an interesting rest of 2013.
    Well that and the fact that we have never seen such unprecendented - and successful - attacks on the 2A from every level. Entire States - NY, CO, cities with their Bloomie-funded Mayor's groups, Bloomie-funded elections at all levels, the Hollyweird hippocrats, president AND vice president running around the country - it's bad.

No way have we won, no way is this war over.

If your dumping your DPMS now - you may end up regretting it.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobWVU View Post
    I don't own an AR (yet) but I am in the market for one over the next few months. I'm kicking myself for not buying in october when I was looking, but my prediction is that prices come back down for a period of time, could be months could be a year but I think there will definitely be another panic brought on. Either from new legislation proposals or God forbid another tragedy. Therefore I'm ok with paying $100-$300 above pre panic prices. With feinstein and other pro gun control advocates still pushing, you never know if they'll get their wish.
    I'm sure there's a lot more people like you who want to buy one but wouldn't or couldn't pay the inflated prices. It will take a while for supply to come back to normal, as each of these people are waiting for their price.

Not only that, but the market is far from saturated. Each new AR owner introduces the gun to friends, family, neighbors, and others who might then think of getting their own after seeing or shooting one. And a lot of the new first-time owners will eventually decide to buy a second one. The market is still growing - 5 million sold already, and tens of millions yet to come.

Anyway, good luck, hope you find your price soon!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast