Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Gun to vacation house in NJ?

What would you do? We own a vacation house at a beach town in New Jersey. I take the family down on most weekends in the summer and some during the winter. I usually pack a gun in my bag to keep at the house for protection. I don't carry it when going out around town. I know how strict NJ gun laws are but god forbid something happen and I need to protect my family. Would you take it to keep it in the house or leave it at home?

Thanks,
    Bill

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Gun to vacation house in NJ?

Sell the house. Stay out of shit-sey

2 of my friends sold thier NWO Jersey home's their family's safety is more important to them

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Allegheny County)

I'd sell it and find a vacation house in a gun friendly state, and I'm serious.

(Montgomery County)

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad area, really nice actually and hardly any crime. Just feel better knowing I have protection.

Ask your self is it worth it If your caught with an illegal gun? Sell the place go some place safe that is gun friendly. I recommend WISCONSIN.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Youngbill View Post
    Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad area, really nice actually and hardly any crime. Just feel better knowing I have protection.
    I'm sure this family thought the same thing, much safer than any town in Jersey

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/07/ny...titfamily&_r=0

(Lancaster County)

NYT Paywall.
    Johnnie F.

(Monroe County)

It's not that big a deal if you check the laws and follow them. I eastern Pa a lot of guys cross the river into Phillipsburg to use and train at the range

You own a home, you transport two and from properly and the firearm is legal, legal mag capacity and ammo.

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state...ew-jersey.aspx

POSSESSION
    It is unlawful to knowingly possess any handgun, including any antique handgun, without first having obtained a Permit to Carry, and it is unlawful to knowingly possess any rifle or shotgun without having first obtained a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card (FID), however, no Permit to Carry or FID is required:
    To keep or carry any firearm about a person’s place of business, residence, premises, or other land owned or possessed by him; a place of business shall be deemed a fixed location.
    To carry any firearm unloaded and contained in a closed and fastened case, gunbox, securely tied package, or locked in the trunk of the automobile in which it is being transported and the course of travel shall include only such deviations as are reasonably necessary under the circumstances from any place of purchase to his residence or place of business, between his dwelling and his place of business, from one place of business or residence and another when moving, or between his dwelling or place of business and place where such firearms are repaired, for the purpose of repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    It's not that big a deal if you check the laws and follow them. I eastern Pa a lot of guys cross the river into Phillipsburg to use and train at the range

You own a home, you transport two and from properly and the firearm is legal, legal mag capacity and ammo.

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state...ew-jersey.aspx

POSSESSION
    It is unlawful to knowingly possess any handgun, including any antique handgun, without first having obtained a Permit to Carry, and it is unlawful to knowingly possess any rifle or shotgun without having first obtained a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card (FID), however, no Permit to Carry or FID is required:
    To keep or carry any firearm about a person’s place of business, residence, premises, or other land owned or possessed by him; a place of business shall be deemed a fixed location.
    To carry any firearm unloaded and contained in a closed and fastened case, gunbox, securely tied package, or locked in the trunk of the automobile in which it is being transported and the course of travel shall include only such deviations as are reasonably necessary under the circumstances from any place of purchase to his residence or place of business, between his dwelling and his place of business, from one place of business or residence and another when moving, or between his dwelling or place of business and place where such firearms are repaired, for the purpose of repair.
    I asked this question on this forum years ago. And I came to the conclusion I could NOT bring a handgun into New Jersey. As far as I can tell, there is no legal way to transport the gun from PA to NJ. I don't believe your NJ home is considered a residence. From my research the only gun I could take was a long gun AFTER I had obtained a a firearm purchasers ID card. Sorry it's late and I'm on my phone, but I would NOT take a handgun into NJ without speaking to a lawyer well versed in NJ firearm law.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast