Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Exclamation Is City Council’s new ban on guns in city parks unconstitutional?

City Council on Thursday passed legislation extending a firearms ban to all city-owned land, including municipal parks and recreation centers.

“What we’re looking to do ultimately is to find a way to make parks safer,” sponsor Councilwoman Cindy Bass said Thursday, calling the bill “one of the many steps we could take to make folks safer here in Philadelphia.”
    Story

I was down at the VA today and saw this in the Metro.

Bass said she also expects court action. “But I think that we need to proceed and see what happens and just continue on,” she said.

“This is too important. You can’t sort of sit on the sidelines and say, ‘Well, we know it’s not going to pass, we know that we’re going to have a problem out of Harrisburg.’
    So they know it's illegal and yet they are passing it anyway. Politicians need to start being held accountable for their actions. I'm pissed beyond belief.

Shawn

(York County)

Default Re: Is City Council’s new ban on guns in city parks unconstitutional?

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Bucks County)

Of course it is, I already heard it'll be challenged in court, but the politicians don't care as it's the taxpayers that have to foot the lawyer bills
    Jesus is Lord !

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Thank you.

(Juniata County)

yes, and illegal as it violates the Commonwealth's Pre-emption clause.

It might be interesting when it gets challenged if the citizen charged with violating it takes them time to fill out the paperwork to charge the arresting officers with official oppression, as well as the members of the Council who voted for it....

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    yes, and illegal as it violates the Commonwealth's Pre-emption clause.

It might be interesting when it gets challenged if the citizen charged with violating it takes them time to fill out the paperwork to charge the arresting officers with official oppression, as well as the members of the Council who voted for it....
    What would be nice to see is a charge filed against these "legislators" for knowingly commiting a crime. They feel that they have Diplomatic Immunity" and are above the law. Sad.

(Delaware County)

I think we should just cut Philly loose and let them fend for themselves. They don't seem to like Pa anyway. Maybe Jersey would take them. {sorry Jersey}
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Philadelphia County)

It's unenforceable just like all the rest of this type of crap they pass. It's meaningless rhetoric and they know it. They just don't care.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SauerGrapes View Post
    I think we should just cut Philly loose and let them fend for themselves. They don't seem to like Pa anyway. Maybe Jersey would take them. {sorry Jersey}
    Haha, ^^^^this^^^^
    Jesus is Lord !

(Beaver County)

I'm so sick of my tax dollars being wasted by politicians that have the mentality of Feinstein to just throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. This kind of bullshit needs to be classified under fraud, waste and abuse and punished as such.