Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default CCP renewal delayed

So, Im in Washington county, I have 2 days till the permit I've been carrying for 5 years expires. I figure, no big deal, go in a couple days before and renew it. They take my money, take my picture, and after about a half hour, the officer comes out and tells me some problem on Harrisburgs end, and they will either mail it to me within 15 days, or a letter as to what I need to do to renew it.
    What the heck, I've no criminal record, no traffic, not even parking ticket, nothing has happen in my life to be refused this CCP. Then the gal comes and tells me most people get reimbursed the expense they had fighting this to get there permit back, so dont worry about that. What a load of Rendal loaded political crap.
    Last edited by kimbercdp; April 10th, 2008 at 07:43 PM.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: CCP renewal denied

If I was going to guess I would have to say PICS was down, and could not get your info.

DC

(Bucks County)

I'm confused. Where you denied you renewal (what reason did they give), or just not issued you new permit yet (still waiting)?

I'm new to the whole world of concealed carry, and just got my license, so I may be missing something here, but did you actually get denied yet? Now, it's weird that the had to go through Harrisburg instead of Washington County, but maybe something with the background check system got goobered up, and the only way to verify something they needed was through a database in Harrisburg.

Unless they specifically told you you're not getting it, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions as of yet. From what you said about yourself, you sound like an outstanding Pennsylvanian and they should not have a reason to deny you. Wait it out and see what comes from Harrisburg before worrying too much.

(Washington County)

Ok, temporary denal. Nothing was down, all connections were up. Point being, there is no reason to not reissue. I'm used to carrying all the time, just hate this little bump in the road. Yea, I could get it in the mail in 15 days, its just the point. I could instead get a letter telling me why I was denied. I've heard they have been jerking peoples chains doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbercdp View Post
    Ok, temporary denal. Nothing was down, all connections were up. Point being, there is no reason to not reissue. I'm used to carrying all the time, just hate this little bump in the road. Yea, I could get it in the mail in 15 days, its just the point. I could instead get a letter telling me why I was denied. I've heard they have been jerking peoples chains doing this.
    Isn't there some type of "grace period" that will let you carry on your old license until the new one arrives? I thought I saw this somewhere before. I did a quick look at the UFA, but didn't see it, though.
    Last edited by HiredGoon; April 10th, 2008 at 02:52 PM.

(Luzerne County)

Whew.

It's important to be clear in your OP that you were "delayed"... not "denied"

Big difference

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Whew.

It's important to be clear in your OP that you were "delayed"... not "denied"

Big difference
    Elexcent point, could you do that? I can do the text, but I cant get into that OP

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Isn't there some type of "grace period" that will let you carry on your old license until the new one arrives? I thought I saw this somewhere before. I did a quick look at the UFA, but didn't see it, though.
    I'm not aware of a grace period.

kimbercdp's story is exactly why you shouldn't wait until the last minute, I suppose.

Glad to hear it it seems to be working out, though.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Washington County)

Hows it worked out, my permit expires today?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast