Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Event @ PSU: "Gun Control and Firearms Rights in America" Panel featuring Bay Buc

Just1more, I plan on attending this, and I work at the university. If you wanted to, You can park in the Nittany Parking garage, which has pay to park. And ride over with me to the Katz Building. Upon leaving, I can get you out of the parking garage free of cost.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Event @ PSU: "Gun Control and Firearms Rights in America" Panel featuring Bay Buc

Sounding a little sneaky haha I can pm you my cell# and if we cannot find parking elsewhere i may take you up on that!

My hubby and I are attending. My son has a test right at that time so I doubt he will make it at all and its on the other side of campus pretty much i think.

ha, nothing sneaky about it. Just trying to help someone out. The parking enforcement is atrocious, specially when they know of events that will attract people who normally don't come to campus and possess a valid pass. I sent you a reply with my number so you guys can let me know.

(Allegheny County)

Ok great thanks for your help! Will be in touch

(Columbia County)

Looking forward to meeting some fellow PAFOA'ers. See ya'll tonight!
    They let me play with chemicals!

(Clinton County)

The building is the new law building next to the arboretum off of Park and Bigler. There is parking at the law school, which should be free.

I just contacted the university parking office. Free parking is available in the orange lot beside the katz building after 5pm. To park before you would need a permit but anytime after 5 everyone should be golden. If anyone needs directions they can contact me at 8145744230. I'll be the kid mid twenties with jeans, a white tee, camouflage penn state hat, with alot of keys and a radio hanging off my bel, seeing as I'll be working during this event.

Shawn

(Allegheny County)

Web Staff Blog
    Campus > Student Life
    April 10, 2013 at 1:55 AM
    Gun control discussion held on campus
    By Shannon Anderson
    Collegian Staff Writer

The Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International, hosted a panel discussion on “Gun Control and Firearms Rights in America,” on Tuesday evening at the Lewis Katz Building.

The discussion focused on challenges presented by gun violence in America, proposals for new firearm regulation and the Second Amendment right to bear arms.

The discussion also touched on self-defense, gang activity, mental health, and their relations to violence and gun ownership.

“I thought some of it was ridiculous, outrageous and provocative, but all of it was true,” Dwayne Wright (graduate-law) said. “What [gun ownership] really comes down to is what you are going to be motivated by: fear or faith?”

The panelists, including former Treasurer of the United States Angela Bay Buchanan, represented the views of different groups, such as the National Rifle Association, CeaseFirePA, 2nd Amendment Foundation and law enforcement.

They debated on solutions, such as creating and implementing more regulated gun laws, universal gun control, tougher background checks for buyers and what could be done to help people with mental issues in the wake of tragedies like the ones in Aurora, Colo. and Newtown, Conn.

“What stops these people with mental health issues is paying attention to the signs of their mental health problems,” said panelist Jonathan Goldstein, who is an NRA Representative and 2nd Amendment Lawyer. “When we don’t tend to that, anything can happen.”

The panelists also brought up statistics such as the amount of gun owners in America and the amount of school shootings since Columbine.

Katie Klein said she was unimpressed with the panel’s use of statistics.

“They spoke about our need and right to own a gun and there wasn’t enough focus on the justification for owning a gun,” Klein (graduate-law) said.

Although the panelists agreed with each other on the point that gun violence is a problem, they disagreed with each other’s solutions to decrease it without taking away citizens’ Second Amendment right to bear arms.

“I think there are so many serious problems that we aren’t dealing with,” said panelist Dr. Marilyn Keat, the former Associate Director of Penn State’s Division of Undergraduate Studies. “If you have a culture where there is ready access to firearms, then people will buy firearms.”

(Columbia County)

I was nice to meet and talk with some fellow PAFOA'ers. We even got a new member last night. Hope to see ya'll at the range sometime.
    They let me play with chemicals!

(Centre County)

Smile Re: Event @ PSU: "Gun Control and Firearms Rights in America" Panel featuring Bay Buc

Hey Everyone,

Thanks again for taking the time to speak with me last night about PAFOA and firearms in general. I was the college student with glasses and the blue and white stripped shirt asking about gen 3 vs gen 4 for a G19 :-) It was amazing to meet so many others passionate about protecting their rights, and I look forward to meeting up with you in the future.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast