Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Old info...indicating last 5 years can be erased

I found this on the http://www.parliament.go.ke/# Please Read it is old back in 2008 but it applies right now!! I started to research from a video on youtube.. I put the link to the video at the bottom of the page. I checked out the resources and pasted it below in case it is taken down.

Here is astonishing documentation from the Kenya Parliment.

http://www.parliament.go.ke/index.ph...d=91&Itemid=84
    go to 5 11 08 page 3277

Read it and here is a paste.

HOUSE SHOULD ADJOURN TO DISCUSS
    ELECTION OF MR. BARRACK OBAMA
    Ms. Odhiambo: On a point of order, Mr. Deputy Speaker, Sir. It is not on this issue. I
    stand on a point of order under Standing Order No.20 to seek leave for adjournment of the House
    to discuss the American presidential election results.

(Applause)

Mr. Deputy Speaker, Sir, the President-elect, Mr. Obama, is a son of the soil of this
    country. Every other country in this continent is celebrating the Obama win. It is only proper and
    fitting that the country which he originates should show the same excitement, pomp and colour. I,
    therefore, seek leave of the House that we adjourn to discuss the issue.

Mr. Deputy Speaker: Order! Order! Ms. Odhiambo, Standing Order No.20 says:-
    "Any hon. Member may at any time rise in his place and seek leave to move the
    adjournment of the House for purposes of discussing a definite matter of urgent
    national importance."
    This means national "Kenyan" importance. The election of Senator Barrack Obama---
    An hon. Member: It is President Obama!

Mr. Deputy Speaker: President-elect has not been sworn-in yet. The election of President elect
    Obama is of utmost national importance to the United States of America. Ms. Odhiambo, you
    are a lawyer. You had better be very careful where you transgress between watching your own
    sovereignty and what can be interpreted in some quarters as some form of treason. We appreciate
    and respect him. We are happy and we were looking forward to his election. It is not a matter of
    urgent definite national importance to Kenya. In any case, whereas the ruling from the Chair would
    not have been any different, you are supposed to approach the Chair at least two hours in advance
    and give a notice of that information.
    Nonetheless, let us hold our horses. Let the excitement not make us look like American
    citizens. We are citizens of the sovereign Republic of Kenya.

(Applause)

Hon. Members, I think we had better take note of that and internalise it. We should know
    where our utmost loyalty is.
    The Assistant Minister for Higher Education, Science and Technology (Mr. Kamama):
    On a point of order, Mr. Deputy Speaker, Sir. I just want to seek guidance from the Chair on this
    matter. Considering the fact that even His Excellency the President declared that tomorrow will be
    PARLIAMENTARY DEBATES 3278 November 5, 2008
    a national holiday to celebrate Obama's success, do you not think this is an urgent matter? So many
    man hours will be lost tomorrow because of this "Obama mania". I seek guidance on this matter.

Mr. Deputy Speaker: Hon. Members, tell me what is so urgent that you really want to
    discuss? Do you want to discuss the speech of Obama? What do you want to discuss on this Floor?
    If it is the celebrations, His Excellency the President has made tomorrow a public holiday. The
    House is not open to any debate on the ruling of the Chair. Those are the rules under the Standing
    Orders of the Republic of Kenya. I do not know how it is in the American Congress but for the
    Republic of Kenya, the Chair has given a ruling on this and the matter is closed.

Mr. Affey: On a point of order, Mr. Deputy Speaker, Sir. While I appreciate your ruling, I
    also wish to seek the indulgence of the Chair. Given the mood in the country, this morning, quite a
    number of us failed to ask our Questions because of the excitement in the country. For the first
    time, we have a leader of a great country in this world whose blood is Kenyan. For that matter,
    would I be in order to request you to allow me to ask my Question since I did not ask it in the
    morning.

Ms. Odhiambo: On a point of order, Mr. Deputy Speaker, Sir.

Mr. Deputy Speaker: Order, Ms. Odhiambo! The Chair of the Kenya National Assembly
    is on its feet. So, order.
    Mr. Affey, you approach the Chair and seek if you want a reinstatement of your Question in
    the formal manner, practice and traditions of this House. The Chair has got some communication
    to make. As far as the interest and happiness regarding the elections that have just been concluded
    in the United States of America are concerned, this will put that to rest.
    COMMUNICATION FROM THE CHAIR
    CONGRATULATORYMESSAGE TO
    PRESIDENT-ELECTBARRACKOBAMA
    Hon. Members, as you may be aware, the people of the United States of America have just
    had a historic election where the son of this soil, Barrack Hussein Obama, has been elected the
    44th President of the United States of America and the first African-American President in the
    history of that country, please join me in registering and sending this House's congratulations to the
    President-elect Obama for overcoming great odds to emerge victorious.
    Indeed, this is a testimony of the democratic practice in the United States of America that
    we, in Kenya, can also emulate. I also wish to congratulate his opponent, Senator John McCain, for
    conducting a dignified campaign and statesmanship in his conceding speech. It is our hope that
    with this change, the USA and the world will be placed on a different trajectory and this will
    strengthen international co-operation and forge closer partnership between the USA and other
    nations in the continent, particularly Kenya.
    I also wish to bring to your attention that the President of the Republic of Kenya, His
    Excellency President Mwai Kibaki, has declared tomorrow Thursday 6th November, 2008, a public
    holiday in honour of the election of Senator Barrack Hussein Obama. Please, join me in thanking
    his Excellency President Kibaki for this early gesture and correctly reading the mood of not only
    the country but the whole world. On my behalf and that of this House, I would like to congratulate
    and give best wishes to Senator Barrack Hussein Obama.

(Applause)

The Vice-President and Minister for Home Affairs (Mr. Musyoka): Mr. Deputy
    November 5, 2008 PARLIAMENTARY DEBATES 3279
    Speaker, Sir, while thanking you for that Communication from the Chair, I want to join the rest of
    the world and, indeed, all of us - and it is understandable that the rest of African Continent and the
    whole world is celebrating a dawn of a new era--- As we congratulate the American people and
    more, specifically, Senator Barrack Obama who is now President-elect, it is important to reflect on
    the journey that he has travelled so far. When countries get their foreign policy right, a lot of hope
    can ensue. What I have in mind is the famous Kennedy airlifts of the 1960s when many Kenyans
    were, due the friendship with the then Government and the late Tom Joseph Mboya, given the
    opportunity to travel to the United States of America as a result of which we now have an African
    American of Kenyan origin being President-elect. This is momentous. At 4.00 o'clock this
    morning, Senator John McCain graciously conceded defeat. I was among the first Kenyans - as I
    know many Kenyans did not sleep but were following the outcome of those elections - to
    congratulate the President-elect. While doing so, I also observed that the world will now be a safer
    place under the Presidency of Senator Barrack Obama. The world will not continue to observe
    American unilateralism. Some of us held the view that the war in Iraq was a mistake because the
    United Nations Security Council did not give its approval. The rest of us in Africa stood in
    solidarity and said that it was important to have a UN Security Council whose responsibility is to
    ensure world peace and security. Be that as it may---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaiU...e_gdata_player

(Berks County)

Default Re: Old info...indicating last 5 years can be erased

To find the information go the Kenya Parliament site. The site for the video has some information that I do not agree with and some I will not follow up. However I did follow up the Kenya site. Everyone has their ideas and views. I try to read and listen and take fractions of what seems most likely. Then do my research.
    What I am saying is..... I do not believe everything in the video. Go to the Kenya Site that I found on the video. This information can not be disputed.