Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lebanon County)

Default Re: Visiting a relative at Camp Hill SCI

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    My understanding of the LAW is that they can not restrict it on their property.
    The Commonwealth states your firearm can not be carried into the cells/holding areas or adjoining room or hallways.

Read the law.
    Tell them you are bring your firearm, ask if they want it left is a car that is easily broken into - in an area with a lot of known shitbags - or if they want to secure it for you until you are ready to leave.
    You, sir, are wrong. You can't carry in a courthouse, a post office, or other state buildings... so why is a state correctional institution any different?
    y car, being staff, can also be searched. I too would lose my job if I had a firearm in my vehicle. That being said, even if we did allow firearms, we still wouldnt check them for you.

There are a lot of shit bags around camp hill, and how do we know you aren't one? Maybe you want to smuggle that weapon into a convict to harm staff, or try to break out your boy? I sure wouldn't want to take that chance.

OP, if you want my opinion, leave it at home. I have to every day I go to work.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Triegle View Post
    You, sir, are wrong. You can't carry in a courthouse, a post office, or other state buildings... so why is a state correctional institution any different?
    y car, being staff, can also be searched. I too would lose my job if I had a firearm in my vehicle. That being said, even if we did allow firearms, we still wouldnt check them for you.

There are a lot of shit bags around camp hill, and how do we know you aren't one? Maybe you want to smuggle that weapon into a convict to harm staff, or try to break out your boy? I sure wouldn't want to take that chance.

OP, if you want my opinion, leave iTunes at home. I have to every day I go to work.

Read the law.

Postal buildings are Federal, not State.
    You can carry in a court house, and they have to provide storage.
    You can carry in police departments.
    You can carry in EVERY State building except the Capitol Building (which maybe a preemption violation but they do have storage.)
    You not wanting to "take a chance" is no excuse to violate another Citizens rights. Considering you a Corrections Officer I find your ignorance of the law shameful - and your willful disregard of the State & Federal Constitutions a violation of your Oath - grounds for termination.

Edit: I'm trying to find the source - I believe the State defines specific areas restricted - IE cells and adjoining hallways; not unsecured common areas.
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; May 9th, 2013 at 02:12 PM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Read the law.

Postal buildings are Federal, not State.
    You can carry in a court house, and they have to provide storage.
    You can carry in police departments.
    You can carry in EVERY State building except the Capitol Building (which maybe a preemption violation but they do have storage.)
    You not wanting to "take a chance" is no excuse to violate another Citizens rights. Considering you a Corrections Officer I find your ignorance of the law shameful - and your willful disregard of the State & Federal Constitutions a violation of your Oath - grounds for termination.

Edit: I'm trying to find the source - I believe the State defines specific areas restricted - IE cells and adjoining hallways; not unsecured common areas.

The states case law states anywhere with holding cells... which is why, even if every other state agency stated to carry, doc employees still could not. You have a flawed understanding of the law, and I get the feeling you arent a lawyer... terminate my job? Excuse me, but im not a cop and I dont carry LEO status so its not my duty to know every law on the books. It is wiser to remain silent and be thought a fool, than speak on topics u know nothing about, and prove everyone right.

Im off to work to deal with some violent criminals, in shitty conditions, so people like you dont have to. You are welcome.

(Lebanon County)

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...ng-inmate.html

I do declare this thread dead on Friday, may 10, 2013 @ 1937 hours. good day

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Triegle View Post
    The states case law states anywhere with holding cells... which is why, even if every other state agency stated to carry, doc employees still could not. You have a flawed understanding of the law, and I get the feeling you arent a lawyer... terminate my job? Excuse me, but im not a cop and I dont carry LEO status so its not my duty to know every law on the books. It is wiser to remain silent and be thought a fool, than speak on topics u know nothing about, and prove everyone right.
    No, what you said was wrong, he corrected you, and now you are shuffling.

Im off to work to deal with some violent criminals, in shitty conditions, so people like you dont have to. You are welcome.
    No thanks, don't bother on my behalf.

(Lebanon County)

I didn't shuffle a Damn thing. I am not LE status, and I took no "oath"

I posted a link to a previous thread where this was already discussed and if its the right one, it should have case law. I didn't read the whole thing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123