I won't ever complain about the current LTCF restrictions for Monroe County again..
One of my siblings is planning on moving back to PA in a few months, I was going to recommend he get his NC concealed carry permit before moving back. I looked up what it takes to get a permit in the county where most of my family live in in North Carolina.

Here is a link: http://www.catawbacountync.gov/sheriff/concealed.asp

Catawba County, North Carolina requires that if you purchase a handgun you get a permit at the Sheriffs office. It's not that expensive and not a big deal BUT if you want to carry a concealed weapon in Catawba County, NC you must:

Taken a gun safety course & provide the office with your certificate
Fill out a physical health release (so the sheriff can access any mental health records related to your application)
Fill out a mental health release (so the sheriff can access any mental health records related to your application)
Provide your drivers license while there
Be prepared to spend 20-30 minutes at the office for fingerprinting & filling out the application
Pay the Sheriffs office $90

After all of that it will take them 5-6 weeks to process the application. Renewals are $75.

It kind of puts everything into perspective. Yeah I complained but it could've been a lot worse.