Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Iron City Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inside0ut View Post
    That's my thing. I'll stay with places that aren't price gouging. If you bought stuff that was higher price to sell with a markup, that's just not good business practice, especially for a fledgling business. It's a lot of risk.

I do go to Ace... They just always seems like they are, well, pissy and in no mood to answer questions. There are some nice guys there, and their prices are good.
    I know what you mean. After frequenting the store and getting to know them guys a little better(names and what not), I would say my experience has improved there. Yeah, it may be hell sometimes to get waited on, but don't let that have an effect on things. I know sometimes when I'm considering buying something I can tie up a salesperson for more than a fair amount of time. For me, trying to be friendly and personable has worked out well.

(Allegheny County)

I stopped there last month. They are the new guys on the block. Given time I'm sure the selection and pricing will improve. I did work a deal with the owner.They do haggle and seemed nice to everyone that entered while I was there. YMMV. tom.
    N.R.A LIFE MEMBER GOA annual member

(Washington County)

I stopped there today (Saturday) after work because it's on the way home. They were closed at 5 o'clock! Their website says their hours are 11-7. Sheesh

Of course if their prices are what some of these previous posts say IDK if I can bend over that far.

(Allegheny County)

They made a facebook post a few Fridays ago saying they had a variety of ammo in stock, including .40 and .22LR which is what I shoot. This was around 2pm or so, roundabout. So I leave my job site at 2:30 and arrive by 3 and the salesman says they sold out that morning. So I guess they only posted it to try and drum up visits, since they know they didn't have it.
    http://d2jxk7u2ol2fk7.cloudfront.net/image/thumb/large/COMBAT_INFAN_SBM_QB.jpg

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by drag View Post
    They made a facebook post a few Fridays ago saying they had a variety of ammo in stock, including .40 and .22LR which is what I shoot. This was around 2pm or so, roundabout. So I leave my job site at 2:30 and arrive by 3 and the salesman says they sold out that morning. So I guess they only posted it to try and drum up visits, since they know they didn't have it.
    WoW! I can almost say "unbelieveable", ALMOST.....

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sgtmcbowflex View Post
    Tags on the 6920s here were $1899 when I was there last week. I respect that they have some stock, but if they paid too much for them that's a poor decision on their part if you ask me. I'm guessing that those colts will sit there for a while due to their price.
    Over the years I've noticed that many small business owners really don't understand business. Many small business owners will price things above the going market price because "we paid X for 'em and we got to make a profit." They'll sit on an item which no one will buy at their price and wait for market pressures to drive the price back up.

I don't have an MBA (which may be a plus for me) but I'm savvy enough to know that sometimes you have to let things go at a loss to free up space, stop paying interest on money you borrowed to buy the stuff, just get cash moving into the till so you can buy stuff that will move, or all three.

(Allegheny County)

Yeah their prices suck and inventory sucks even more. But on the bright side you can get a happy ending next door to make up for the bad gun buying experience

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by dusty78 View Post
    Yeah their prices suck and inventory sucks even more. But on the bright side you can get a happy ending next door to make up for the bad gun buying experience
    I haven't been back since that Saturday when their door was locked before 5. I bought an AR at Ace instead. I wonder what their prices are like on the Colt LE6920 though?

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
    I haven't been back since that Saturday when their door was locked before 5. I bought an AR at Ace instead. I wonder what their prices are like on the Colt LE6920 though?
    Aces price on the LE6920? I picked one up a month or two ago for $1188+tax,pics...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123