Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Thumbs up Colt Combat Elite 08011 XSE

RANGE REPORT ADDED!Just picked this up today. I've been looking for one of these for months.
    Colt has really stepped up their game from what I see with this one. This gun is tight! Slide\frame fit has virtually no movement, and the barrel lock up is solid. Bushing fit is just shy of needing a bushing wrench.

Edges of slide are all beveled very nice, finish is excellent. Single side thumb safety. NM stainless steel barrel. One piece Flgr.
    Novak 3 dot sights. High rise bevertail grip safety and undercut trigger guard. The only thing I might do is get the front strap checkered. This is my first two tone.

Bummed I couldn't shoot it today. Hope to get to the range sometime soon. If it shoots like it looks, I'll be a happy guy.
    Attachment 50091
    Last edited by SauerGrapes; March 19th, 2013 at 09:46 PM.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

Default Re: Colt Combat Elite 08011 XSE

Nice. I don't know how you're going to do the "sometime soon" thing, though. I get frothy at the mouth if I can't shoot a new gun at least the following day, especially that model. I know it's a , but I freely admit it. Probably won't change.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Montgomery County)

Talking Re: Colt Combat Elite 08011 XSE

Sure would be nice to have a range report after you shoot the piss out of your new blaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson Guy View Post
    Sure would be nice to have a range report after you shoot the piss out of your new blaster.
    +1...............

(Delaware County)

You are becoming quite the 1911 aficionado. Congratulations on the new piece. You certainly are moving on up......
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by thundrr1 View Post
    You are becoming quite the 1911 aficionado. Congratulations on the new piece. You certainly are moving on up......
    George, I came oh so close to buying a TRP but, the two tone finish just jumped out at me.
    First it was the SA RO, then a Gold Cup Trophy last year, now this. They are addicting.
    Funny though, i keep thinking about that TRP.....lol. My gun funds are pretty much SHOT for this year.

R.I.P......Murphy.

This is the two tone I want: http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/cu...super-match-ii I've said way more than once I'd never pay that for a pistol, but I'm beginning to consider selling some things to get it. You only live once.

(Delaware County)

300,,,, my mistake was buying my Leatham Legend. I discovered what a trigger was suppose to be. What a 1911 can be. That began the spiral. I look forward to a Pro (maybe someday) to complete the SA Trifecta. When you spend north of 2 g's on a 1911, it should be perfect, outta the box,,,, mine have been.

Chet,,,, looking forward to seeing that fine pistol at the range.

EDIT: You can shoot my factory modified TRP any time you want......
    Last edited by thundrr1; March 19th, 2013 at 07:27 PM.
    George,

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Colt Combat Elite 08011 XSE update, range report

Well, it was raining this morning so it ended up being a day off. {construction}
    I spent a little time this morning fielfd stripping the Colt and looking it over closer. It needed a couple minor mods. The slide stop was scratching the frame behind it, so I smoothed out the back side a tad. Second was a little polishing on the feed ramp. Typical production gun stuff IMO.
    Everything else look good aside from a couple machine marks. Yeah, I know, production gun.

I decided to take various bullet types. {185 LRN, 200 LSWC and 230 LRN} These are some of my pet loads that get run in all my 45s.
    I also decided to take a variety of mags. {SA 7rounders, Wolff 8rounder and CMC shooting star 8rounder + the Colt}

I petty much decided to just shoot from one distance. {40 FT} I decided not to bother with bench shooting. All my shooting was two handed unsupported, slow fire. I'm really anal about checking for accuracy.
    I started with the 185 LRN which accouned for the largest spread in the pics below. The first few shots were high, which I thought was strange for combat sights. So I lowered my aim cutting the top of the front blade right accross the bottom of the black. This ended up being the sight picture I use for the whole session.

I seemed to be shooting left for most of the time. {?} I'll leave the sights alone for a while till I figure that out. I really didn't try to change anything, I was looking for consistent groups. {Remeber, I'm really anal about accuracy and triggers.}

Conclusion: I'm pretty happy. All the mags with various ammo functioned perfectly, albeit I only shot 70 rounds. The trigger will \might need to be addressed IMO. Remember, I'm really anal about triggers. I estimate the trigger pull around 5lbs which doesn't bother me. A little too much creep for my taste. Is it usable as is, you bet! I might fit a new trigger just for myself. There's a hair wiggle in it side to side. {remember? anal?}

The target with the widest spread was my first 20 rds, the 200 SWCs' were a little better and the last target was 7 shots with the 230gr LRN. Yeah there was another one mixed in there somewhere.
    You know I had to post that one...lol. I think I got dialed in.

I like the Colt. Can you get a better gun for the money? Maybe. Can you get one that looks as cool, not IMO. I think it shoots very well and it's made well for a production gun.
    I have 2 other 1911s, and I think this one measures up real nice compared to my Gold Cup Trophy and SA Range Officer. 1911s rock!

Attachment 50164

Attachment 50165

Attachment 50166
    Last edited by SauerGrapes; March 19th, 2013 at 09:43 PM. Reason: range report added 3-19-13

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Delaware County)

Nice shooting, Chet. I'm lucky to even see the target at that distance.
    George,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast