Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: pistol shopping looking for input

ok guys finally got my hands on a browning hi power 9mm and a few different cz 75s and wow was i surprised how nice the browning felt as well as fired, very much popped into top 3 , and the cz75 hands down has felt great with all 3 i got to shoot and theyre a beauty to hold lol, but hey after putting 40 rounds through the browning i think it bumped ahead of the s&w mp9, just felt better to me personally and shot better ,sight pick up for me was a bit better on it as well, and just felt like a more sturdy piece. so yea im shopping for the browning hi powerand/or the cz75, and as far as the whole us made thing goes i try my hardest to stick to my countries manufacturing as much as possible, and do quite wellat it as much as is possible anymore, but them 2 pistols just fit me right hands down

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dawkins2020 View Post
    ok guys finally got my hands on a browning hi power 9mm and a few different cz 75s and wow was i surprised how nice the browning felt as well as fired, very much popped into top 3 , and the cz75 hands down has felt great with all 3 i got to shoot and theyre a beauty to hold lol, but hey after putting 40 rounds through the browning i think it bumped ahead of the s&w mp9, just felt better to me personally and shot better ,sight pick up for me was a bit better on it as well, and just felt like a more sturdy piece. so yea im shopping for the browning hi powerand/or the cz75, and as far as the whole us made thing goes i try my hardest to stick to my countries manufacturing as much as possible, and do quite wellat it as much as is possible anymore, but them 2 pistols just fit me right hands down
    Now you need to shoot a HK or two, I just fell in love with a USP, and my glock is super jealous. Browning HPs are sweet.
    Mostly browsing these days, and expanding the collection.

(Wayne County)

Agreed, we need to stop our own internal bleeding and take on our real enemies. Our politicians.

Hokkmike Guest

Best thing you can do to narrow down the model is to go to a gun store with a good selection and handle as many different guns as you can. Pick them up, dry fire them (with permission), and ask lots of questions. None of us can tell you what is large enough and what is most comfortable in your hands.

Good hunting....

(Chester County)

so yea im shopping for the browning hi powerand/or the cz75, and as far as the whole us made thing goes i try my hardest to stick to my countries manufacturing as much as possible, and do quite wellat it as much as is possible anymore, but them 2 pistols just fit me right hands down
    Don't worry about where the guns are made, you've picked two of the best 9MM's around. I have both, and swear but them. The CZ's are easier to find, and less expensive than the BHP's. Buy the one that speaks to you the most first, then get the other one.

(Lycoming County)

(Delaware County)

Ruger SR9c,Glock19

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by nrsnick09 View Post
    Agreed, we need to stop our own internal bleeding and take on our real enemies. Our politicians.
    You pulled out an almost 2 year old thread to state something that has nothing to do with the subject matter? I don't get it...

(Montgomery County)

I'm on the hunt for a pistol and as I'm a rifle / shotgun guy I don't know much about pistols. I don't want to factor in ammo shortage as a determining factor but ammo price sure is. Prefer 9mm or larger just for target shooting and HD. Just looking for any input where to start. I've shot a bunch of 22s and revolvers and the revolvers never felt right in my hands but I'm open to any suggestions. I've got big gorilla hands so nothing with a short grip. Thanks guys and gals.
    I love these threads, in which a condition is set and advice is asked. You're going to get a ton of great advice from very experienced members, and I get to learn a lot when reading.

I have almost no useful advice for you. I do, however, have a suggestion based upon my meager experience. When trying pistols at the range for hand fit, pick up and hold a Stoeger Cougar at least once. When I did that, I remember thinking "Now there's a grip only a guy with big hands could love." The Cougar is, of course, actually the Beretta 8000, but because Stoeger is now manufacturing it, you can get it at a much better price point.

And, have you considered something like the 9mm (or .40 cal) 1911's available at, say Rock Island Armory?

Good luck shopping.
    If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. George S. Patton

(Northampton County)

Canik T9SA

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456