Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Langhorn gun and rod club

Hello, I am very interested in joining this club. I was wondering if anyone here is a member and if they could answer a few questions about it for me. Just post on here or pm if you don't mind answering a few questions. Thanks alot!!

Bob G

Default Re: Langhorn gun and rod club

I'm glad you posted this Bob, I have been intereted in joining Langhorne Rod and Gun Club for quite some time now...but unfortunately do not know any current members, which seems to be a requirement.
    Last edited by AlphaChase; March 17th, 2013 at 01:04 PM.

(Bucks County)

You can check them out at www.langhornerodandgunclub.com There is a lot of info on thier updated website & if you still have questions you can email them directly
    Jesus is Lord !

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Langhorne gun and rod club

I can answer some questions for you.

Past President
    Current member.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    I can answer some questions for you.

Past President
    Current member.
    Great! I was for one wondering what the deal is with working there or something along those lines I read on the site. Do you have to work a certain amount of hours there a week to be a member? Also, if one does not know anyone that belongs there, is there someway around the reference, or is there some way to meet members?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Broncobob View Post
    Great! I was for one wondering what the deal is with working there or something along those lines I read on the site. Do you have to work a certain amount of hours there a week to be a member? Also, if one does not know anyone that belongs there, is there someway around the reference, or is there some way to meet members?
    You only need to put in 8 hours of work time per year, that's it !
    To meet members it's best to go to any of the many open events they have or maybe the Thurs. night trap shoot that's open to the public, even if you don't shoot trap you'll get a chance to meet members
    Jesus is Lord !

(Bucks County)

Agree with the above.

8 hours of work per year. The first year it is mandatory to do the work time, almost as a socialization tool with the other members. After that, you may have the option of 'buying out' your work hours.

Currently, they are strongly enforcing the ByLaw reference point, that they had relaxed in the past. the reference is responsible for the new members actions and compliance of the rules for the first year. The object is to ensure we have a club to use for many years in the future, thus this point is designed to weed out those who feel they are above the rules, which were crafted to protect the organization.

Best method to learn about the place and meet someone willing to sponsor you: show up at the "open to the public" meets, meet and great the members, and become known as responsible. Then a current member is more likely to sponsor you for the Boards requirement.

First Saturday of the month, action pistol
    First Sunday, trap
    Second Sunday, archery, 3D
    Third Sunday, CMP, (and muzzleloader mar-apr-may-sept-oct-nov)

There is a practical rifle match that requires pre-registration posted on this board on the fourth Saturday.

Every wed am (8-12) is the 'retiree work party', every thursday eve open trap, every fri eve indoor archery.

Hope that helps!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Agree with the above.

Currently, they are strongly enforcing the ByLaw reference point, that they had relaxed in the past. the reference is responsible for the new members actions and compliance of the rules for the first year. The object is to ensure we have a club to use for many years in the future, thus this point is designed to weed out those who feel they are above the rules, which were crafted to protect the organization.
    The above paragraph is what makes many members reluctant to sponsor someone they don't really know, the sponsoring member can face possible dismissal from the club if there's trouble in the 1st year from the member they sponsored. That's why it's to your benefit to form relationships with current members at the club to show them you're responsible.
    Jesus is Lord !

(Bucks County)

Thanks for the Info guys, I will defiantly take your advice to heart on going to some open events and try to meet some people. The only problem is I am only 23 years old. I would imagine a lot of people would not really feel comfortable sponsoring someone as young as me. I am very safe and responsible but it might be tough to get someone due to my age.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Broncobob View Post
    Thanks for the Info guys, I will defiantly take your advice to heart on going to some open events and try to meet some people. The only problem is I am only 23 years old. I would imagine a lot of people would not really feel comfortable sponsoring someone as young as me. I am very safe and responsible but it might be tough to get someone due to my age.
    I wouldn't worry too much about age, I've met some 2o somethings that are very mature & responsible & many older guys who are not
    Jesus is Lord !