Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Ammo Report- Erie Area- Post any finds here

I was on craigslist looking for extra ammo, and saw someone selling at triple-quadruple the already escalated prices, so ive been hunting myself for places that regularly order ammo so I can go to the range for more than 20 minutes.

I've been scouting gun stores once or twice a week now for handgun ammo.
    It is coming in, but its "limit 1-2 boxes" and once it hits the table its gone within a few hours.

One store will have nothing one day, and another will have 10 boxes of one caliber, then two days later the complete opposite.

I figured I would make a thread so we can get an idea of what places are ordering and how often they have stock to save some of us from making tons of calls. Walmart on the East Side of all places had bare shelves, but tons of ammo behind the glass at the register of sporting goods. If you see blank shelves- it doesn't always mean they are out of stock.

This is what I've found so far in March.

100 9mm 115gr Winchester FMJ $39.99 Keystone Armory
    50 9mm 115gr Sellier & Bellot FMJ $15.99 Edinboro Outdoors
    50 .380ACP 95gr Blazer FMJ-Al $18.99 Edinboro Outdoors
    50 .380ACP 100gr Summit FMJ $19.99 Bob's
    50 .380ACP 95gr Federal FMJ $22.99 Edinboro Outdoors
    25 .380ACP 80gr C.O.P SCHP $19.99 Bob's
    20 40S&W 165gr Hornady HP $22.99 Keystone Armory
    20 9mm 124gr +P Winchester BJHP $19.99 Walmart- Elm St Erie

Ive visited Erie Sport Store, Gander Mountain, and Edinboro and Peach St Walmarts and have come up empty.

If anyone has any other places they know of please list

(Erie County)

Default Re: Ammo Report- Erie Area- Post any finds here

I stopped at Presque Isle Gun Shop this morning and picked up 2 boxes of sellier and bellot 115gr 9mm for $22.95/50 rd box. Also had Magtech 115gr +P 9mm for $22.95/ 20rd box. At least 8-10 boxes left of each. A bit pricey as I had bought the same s+b a month ago from them for $14/ 50rd box...

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrbowerman View Post
    I stopped at Presque Isle Gun Shop this morning and picked up 2 boxes of sellier and bellot 115gr 9mm for $22.95/50 rd box. Also had Magtech 115gr +P 9mm for $22.95/ 20rd box. At least 8-10 boxes left of each. A bit pricey as I had bought the same s+b a month ago from them for $14/ 50rd box...
    Edinboro Outdoors was selling those same rounds for 15.99, i bought the last of what they had on display, but might be worth the drive saving 7.00 a box. Im on the lookout for .380 ACP rounds since i bought 2 LCPs, need to break them in.

Ive never been to PI Gun shop or HER- 2 places ill have to hit up next time im in Erie.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Z View Post
    Edinboro Outdoors was selling those same rounds for 15.99, i bought the last of what they had on display, but might be worth the drive saving 7.00 a box. Im on the lookout for .380 ACP rounds since i bought 2 LCPs, need to break them in.

Ive never been to PI Gun shop or HER- 2 places ill have to hit up next time im in Erie.
    HER is an interesting place....

(Erie County)

If anybody local needs any 9mm, see my ad in the classifieds.
    I didn't get it cheap but at least I have ammo now without all the running around.

(Erie County)

i've been looking for 45acp, .223/5.56 and 7.62x54r but have come up empty with all the local stores. keystone armory had some but i didn't buy all of them in case someone else came in looking for it like i was. one of the clerks had mentioned to someone else that they're basically just using stock they had and are awaiting shipments. then again i haven't stopped back in about a week or so.

(Erie County)

Everyone seems to be hording the ammo...I'm hearing horror stories about Walmart employees texting their buddies to come in and buy up all their stock to re-sell online to price gouge...

What I found out about one Walmart store on upper peach and the women associate was very pleasant an informative in telling me their shipments are unloaded after midnight and the best time to find anything is afterwards...I just missed a few boxes on the shelf of 9mm

Gander Mountain in Erie unloads their weekly truck on Thursday nights for Friday opening...and you won't find the ammo on the shelves...it's behind the counter with only one 1 box limits on the .223, 9mm...

The only places I've come across in the area that hasnt gouged their ammo prices is the Walmarts, Keystone Armory(which I highly recommend), Edinboro outdoors, Bobs Gun shop, Erie Sports Store...

Happy Hunting for Ammo! I will NOT fund the ammo hoarders looking to make a profit...

CamoJak
    "May Justice find the wicked and the wings of Liberty never lose a feather."

(Erie County)

Peach and west 26th walmarts are buddy systemed as in shipments come in the morning and employees or employee friends are buying them all up. Elm St walmart always has stuff in stock. PI gets picked through and gander mountain is gouging.

(Erie County)

Just to give some insight on other places:

I spent the week in Indianapolis, picked up a glock 22 round mag for 39.99.. Online at many places they are sold out and are priced at 80+.
    Locally i saw the same one going for $90 here ( cant remember what store)

Picked up:
    Hornady .380 zombie max rounds for $22.99 - sold out in Erie
    Blazer aluminum .380 rounds for $16.99 - going for 22-23 in Erie

Federal .380 and .40S&W were going for 22 bucks - same as Erie
    9mm and .45 mag were sold out.- Same as Erie

Nothing too over the top, other than magazines being price gouged.

Also if you want to ever buy 3rd party glock mags, the Korean 31 round mags are apparently really cheap to buy at dealer cost, the 50 round Korean drum magazines were going for 99-150 as well, which is a huge markup. Dealers don't make much on gun sales, and with limited ammo they have to make money somewhere.

Going gun shopping with a friend tonight, will post any good findings.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    HER is an interesting place....
    haha...why yes it is...lol...had my first experience there a few weeks back
    "May Justice find the wicked and the wings of Liberty never lose a feather."

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast