Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Ammo Report- Erie Area- Post any finds here

corry walmart never has any except 7..62x39 tul ammo.
    live to ride

(Butler County)

I was in Erie Friday. Erie sports store had 40 and 45. They may of had more but I wasn't looking hard. Gander had 9mm and 40 bulk packs for $119. They also had 45. Bobs gun shop had a little of everything even 22lr. Keystone armory had 9 40 & 45. Edinboro outdoors had 40 & 45

(Erie County)

palmetto state armory has aluminum blazer .380 for around 16-17 dollars.....they are decent- kind of slow on fillin orders and shipping......

Gander mountain has three tattered boxes of Remington Core Lokt .45-70 ammo with more tape holding the boxes together than you could find at a UPS store. Maybe it is because they are asking $50 a box....

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Gander mountain has three tattered boxes of Remington Core Lokt .45-70 ammo with more tape holding the boxes together than you could find at a UPS store. Maybe it is because they are asking $50 a box....
    I saw those too

(Erie County)

Harborcreek walmart: 5-6 boxes of PDX1 in .45, lots of shotgun stuff, they are putting in rifle spinner racks though! Pretty good sign of things to come I hope!

(Erie County)

Drove to Columbus and Cinci this weekend, on my way home this morning went to Walmart in Ashtabula they had 9MM defense rounds, and 8 boxes of PPU .380 auto. I picked up 3.

Also started seeing Remington UMC ammo showing up in Walmarts all over for most service calibers .. and 223/556 in 1000 round packs for $449

What the others said about Bob's, Edinboro Outdoors, Erie Sport Store and Keystone Armory are all true. -I can vouch for that. I stopped by Presque isle last week as well, they have a good selection of rifle ammo.They seem like a pretty legit place, the owner spoke intelligently with me about ARs, the media, and the market state ( I've been eyeballing AR15s lately)

Any shop you go to thats not a chain: Their prices are a little higher than most, but not gouging..
    Paying an extra $3-5 there keeps them in business, they cant really compete with Walmart at their volume. Alot of shops are getting 100 round value packs lately as well. Don't forget to support your local business.

I gave up on checking Gander Mountain when they jacked up the prices of all their handguns last spring, and don't even bother walking into Dick's because they pulled a nice stunt after Newtown that backfired. ( they stopped carrying pistol ammo and magazines for political reasons and now are paying for it with lost revenue).. Ahh the beauty of a free enterprise market....

Avg market value around here ive seen per box of 50 FMJs ( not including defense rounds)

.22 $? Haven't seen it all year
    .380 is $15-19 - Still rare
    9mm $18-22 - slowly coming back
    .40 $18-25 - availability is better than ever- many local stores have in stock.
    and 223 is around $1.00 per round and is available almost everywhere

This isn't scientific data but sort of a recap of what to expect this month around the tri-state area. I only really pay attention to availability for what I shoot or plan on shooting

If you see any shops selling for substantially more than what i listed above( example $35+ a box of 50) speak up, as we can help each other out.

The Peach Street Walmart had UMC 250 rd. .40 cal bulk packs and plenty of .223 and .40 cal ammo.

I lucked out at the West Ridge Rd. Walmart last Thur and scored 3 boxes of 525 rd - .22lr bulk packs for $23 ea and later in the day I went back and they still had about 20 boxes left so I bought 3 more.

**Update**
    There was still .40 cal 250rd. bulk packs for $90 available at the Peach St. Walmart.
    I believe there was 7 boxes left plus smaller 50 & 100 rd .40 cal. boxes.
    The .223 is still available as well as 7.62x39 TulAmmo
    Last edited by Calico Jack Rackham; September 17th, 2013 at 09:26 AM.

(Erie County)

keystone armory has a lot of primers! Lg.Rifle, Sm.Rifle, Lg.and Sm. pistol all win. For $40.00 a 1,000 I was there on sat.14th.

(Erie County)

Elm St. Walmart has a few boxes of .40 and .45. They had some 9 mm at $14 a box but it's gone. BTW, they've changed their policy. They now put out ammo at 11 PM, if they got any in, and won't tell you beforehand if they got any in.

I haven't been able to find any .22lr in quite a while, and down to about one session worth. Has anyone found it in other Walmarts?

New member, live in Harborcreek, Pa. near Seven Mile Creek. (Just east of Erie)

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast