Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Lancaster 3-gun shoot

I have never tried 3 gun but am interested to learn. Anyone out there willing to help me learn?

Live in Lancaster and curious where the closest comp might be and a place to practice.

Any help would be great.

Does shotgun need to be semi auto?

(Chester County)

Thumbs up Re: Lancaster 3-gun shoot

You are very close to a great club that holds monthly matches. Check out the shoots at Heidelberg. It's only $10 to shoot, and there is one this Saturday if the weather holds out. As long as you are safe in the handling of your firearms, and know how to operate them.. you won't have any issues. Just come out and plan on having fun without worrying about your time, etc.

http://forum.pafoa.org/competitions-...gun-shoot.html

It is a very friendly shoot if you haven't done one before. Lot's of people will help you out with any questions you might have. You don't need a semi auto shot gun.. a pump is fine.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Lancaster 3-gun shoot

Rockstrongo... Thanks for the info. I'm going to try and head over Saturday to check it out. Have you shot there before? Will you be attending?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by vdubster32 View Post
    Rockstrongo... Thanks for the info. I'm going to try and head over Saturday to check it out. Have you shot there before? Will you be attending?

Thanks again
    Bring your guns and have fun . Make sure they unloaded. Yes you can use a pump.

First one will be a learning expearance and hard on the wallet when you get home. As a beinner make sure you have owb holster with at least two magazine pouches. if you got any questions let me know. I can blab on forever .
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by vdubster32 View Post

Thanks again
    Yeah - I will be out tomorrow, and I am hoping the weather isn't too horrible. Pagoda had some good insight as well.. you just need a OWB holster, and a spare mag carrier is handy. If you don't have a spare mag carrier, you can always use the back pocket. Don't worry about your gear too much.. as long as you have the basics, you will be fine.

(Lancaster County)

Thanks for the heads up guys. I won't be able to shoot tomorrow but ill be getting up there around 10:30 with me brother in law and buddy. Plans are to check out the facility, course & see some shooting to see what to expect. Anxious to give it a shot another time. Hopefully can meet up with a few guys to chat.

The wife won't be happy with what I'll need (want) to buy but she'll get over it. Forgiveness is easier to ask for.

Good luck shooting tomorrow

Kris

(Lancaster County)

Had a great time checking out the competition today and seeing how things are run.

Thanks to Rockstrongo for taking some time to talk with us and explain the rules and thoughts behind the shooting. We will definately be making it to another shoot...and this time will be doing some shooting.