Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default Must Read Handgun books??

Hello,

I have been shooting and re-loading for about 5 years now and enjoy it greatly. I carry concealed everyday. I am starting to get interested in competition and imagine that might be the next step for me. No hurry but I am sure that it will be in my future. So, I am wondering, what are some of the MUST read handgun books you all would suggest for better shooting, Conceal Carry, and Intros into Competative shooting? As soon as Hockey Season is over, I am getting rid of Cable so I will have plenty of time to read. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Default Re: Must Read Handgun books??

A must read....you can thank me later.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAwhitetailbowhunter View Post
    Hello,

I have been shooting and re-loading for about 5 years now and enjoy it greatly. I carry concealed everyday. I am starting to get interested in competition and imagine that might be the next step for me. No hurry but I am sure that it will be in my future. So, I am wondering, what are some of the MUST read handgun books you all would suggest for better shooting, Conceal Carry, and Intros into Competative shooting? As soon as Hockey Season is over, I am getting rid of Cable so I will have plenty of time to read. Thanks for any and all suggestions.
    SHOOT by Julie Golob is a good intro book for competitive shooting. The first half of the book goes through all of the disciplines (dry reading) but the later portions of the book spend more time on the shooting aspect.

(Allegheny County)

I like Julies new book also. A classic read would be "In the Gravest Extreme" By Masad Ayoob. Tons of books out there. I found "More Guns Less Crime" another good read by John Lott Jr. (2nd edition)

(Bucks County)

THE MARKSMANSHIP PRIMER: THE EXPERTS' GUIDE TO RIFLE & HANDGUN MARKSMANSHIP by Jim Casada. Must read.