Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Who has a Charter Arms revolver?

looking to pick up a used charter arms revolver in .38 sp. gun has good bluing, tight lock up and nice wood stocks. its old and pretty. haha i put a down payment on it this week and am waiting to get paid! for 240 im pumped about this little backup pocket revolver.

any one out there have one? what do you guys think?

(Berks County)

Default Re: Who has a Charter Arms revolver?

Love my 70's vintage "off duty" but I think you might be paying a little much. I paid $150 otd with 4 speed loaders.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Washington County)

Congratulations of your new revolver. Charter Arms makes a decent weapon. I own two - a .44 Spl Bulldog Pug and a SS Undercover. I don't carry either of them as a primary self-defense handgun but could in a pinch.

When I worked LE in Michigan years ago, I had another Undercover .38 Spl that I carried as a "Weapon of Last Resort" on my left ankle. I kept it loaded with one round of FMJ and then four rounds of Glaser Safety Slugs. I'd also changed the grips on that little beast, opting for the Barami Hip Grip due to it's slimmer configuration and ability to "hook" into my ankle rig, adding a tiny bit of retention in my mind.

Lightweight, easily concealable and dependable, Charter Arms fits the bill for the price range. I do agree that you may have paid a tad too much for the one you bought but, given the current climate on gun prices and if your happy with it then drive on and enjoy it.

(Berks County)

A bit on the high side, yes, but I've been lookin for awhile and have yet to find anything else, on the forum of elsewhere. So for now it will do! And it's for sure a backup. I never go anywhere without a 1911. what kind of ankle holster did you run?

Plus, it's fishing season. And you can't beat a cheap revolver with snake shot for a tackle box gun!

(Montgomery County)

Mine goes bang when you pull the trigger, but it's definitely nowhere near as nice as a good S&W J frame.
    Last edited by bluetrane2028; June 4th, 2013 at 11:26 PM.

(Cumberland County)

I have a Charter Arms Pitbull .40 S&W. Nice solid gun, reliable and accurate. Great lifetime warranty by Charter Arms too. Probably the only thing to worry about is if they'll ever go Chapter 11 again, but for good ??? Your price really isn't too high if it's in great shape. Enjoy!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Washington County)

I hear you regarding the carry of a 1911. I carry one version or another of a 1911 during the warmer season.

I used a Bianchi ankle holster to carry the Undercover. I still have it. It is a nylon wrap-around holster, and I want to say a Ranger model but I'd have to dig it out and double-check it.

The Charter would be a nice handgun to toss into a tackle box, especially when loaded with CCI .22 LR Shot shells.

(Philadelphia County)

I'm always on the look out for a Charter Arms I can get for under $150. I want one to CC in my front pocket for the summer. Plus I always wanted a "Fitz Special".

*Only problem is my Dad was a Septa cop back in the '80s when they were just starting out. He always told me a story when they were qualifying on the range one day someone had a cylinder rupture and got hurt pretty bad. Shortly after that he bought a S&W model 13.

(Berks County)

Pretty sure a brand new EAA windicator can be had for $250. Unless we are talking a brand new CA in one of those cool new tiger stripe patterns.

Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Centre County)

This guy HAD a charterarms....

I personaly think they are good guns for the money. I thought about getting one more then one occassion.
    But everytime I think about it, I remenber this guy brought this Charterarms in to LGS when I was there. I had to take a pictures...

He said it just sort of a "fell apart" in his hand after shooting 3 shots of 38special +P(Which they are rated for it)
    I looked at it. 2 halves fits perfect(another words, it didn't look like it teared apart like many guns with double charge do. It almost like it had a bad casting)

From what I heard, Charterarms told the gunshop to just give him the new one from the shelf, or gave him a full refund and they'll pay for it or something like that.
    And I believe he took the refund...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast