Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Women's Only Intro to Handgun

3 Rivers Tactical Training Solutions, Inc will be holding a 1 day Women's Only Intro to Handgun course on Saturday, April 27th, 2013. Times will be 9:00 am - 6:00 pm

The course will be held at the Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club, located at 505 Constitution Blvd, a short distance from the Chippewa exit 31 off of I376 West.

Women’s Only Intro to Handgun is 3T’s eight hour, introductory level course specifically designed for women who are new to firearms in general, or women who have never attended a formal, professional firearms class. While safety is stressed at all times, this course is taught in a fun, relaxed environment free of macho attitudes and weekend-warrior, Hollywood nonsense. Whether you just want to have a handgun in your home, or you have or are considering getting a concealed carry permit, this course will introduce you to the fundamentals of the handgun.

While we would prefer that everyone use a pistol during this class, revolvers are certainly permitted without issue. Regardless of the handgun you bring to the class, we’ll teach you how to shoot it.

Please bring a friend! We offer a discount for groups of 2 or more. Contact us for details.

3T has a limited number of pistols for rent for a small additional fee. Holsters also come with the rental of any pistol. Please contact us if you are interested in renting a pistol. First come, first served.

Prerequisites: None

Topics Covered:

1. Firearms Safety Rules

2. Responsible Storage of Firearms in the Home

3. Cycle of Operation – How Guns Work

4. Loading and Unloading

5. 6 Fundamentals of Handgun Marksmanship

6. Basics of Concealed Firearms Carry

Required Equipment:

1. A serviceable pistol in a minimum caliber of 9mm, or a serviceable revolver with a minimum caliber of .38 special.

2. 150 rounds of ball ammunition.

3. A minimum of two magazines if using a pistol. A minimum of one speed loader if using a revolver. The more magazines / speed loaders, the better. At least one magazine / speed loader pouch.

4. A strong, sturdy belt that can support the weight of a loaded handgun and several spare magazines.

5. A good, quality kydex (plastic) holster if attending in plainclothes / civilian attire. Leather and nylon holsters are not permitted. All holsters will be worn on the shooters strong side hip - no exceptions.

6. Eye and ear protection.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the equipment required for this course.

Minimum class size is 8 students, maximum class size is 20 students. All students will be presented a certificate of achievement upon successfully completing the course.

All 3T courses are taught by certified instructors with years of military, law enforcement, and high threat security contracting experience in Iraq and Afghanistan. Threat discrimination and round accountability are core skills that are relentlessly emphasized.

To register for the course, click here http://www.3riverstraining.com/news/...tro-to-handgun

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@3riverstraining.com or at 412-925-0818.

3T accepts checks, Visa, Mastercard, and PayPal.

There is no such thing as "advanced firearms skills". There is only the perfect execution of the fundamentals while under stress.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Women's Only Intro to Handgun

You can count on my wife to attend. I'm still waiting for the final yes from other family members who live out there. I'll keep you posted on them.

(Allegheny County)

Roger that Nate.

Glad to hear she's gonna make it.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

While we would prefer that everyone use a pistol during this class, revolvers are certainly permitted without issue
    Is this okay?

Last edited by Grey Bearded One; March 15th, 2013 at 08:04 AM.

(Allegheny County)

I have pistols for rent for anyone who wants to attend who needs one.

I also have a limited supply of ammo that I will sell the people coming to the course. I am not making a profit on the sale of this ammo - I'm selling it for exactly what I paid for it.

Please contact me if interested.

(Allegheny County)

I've been getting a lot of great feedback on this class and have a good number signed up already.

One of the things I hear from husbands/boyfriends all the time is "I want my wife/girlfriend to take a class, but she's nervous and doesn't want to go by herself."

Two things.........................

1) Most women are nervous because they acknowledge that they don't know what they are doing when it comes to guns. When I ask them to tell me exactly what they are nervous about, almost all of them say that they are nervous they will do something wrong and somebody will get hurt.

Feel free to ask anyone who has ever attended one of my courses - I do a VERY detailed safety brief. My safety rules are very clear and simple to understand. I also have a zero tolerance policy for safety violations committed during my classes.

Please let you wife/girlfriend know that I will gladly provide them some references of women who have attended my classes in the past if they would like to speak to them.

2) Tell your wife/girlfriend to come to the class with a friend. I give a discount for groups as small as 2.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.

John

www.3riverstraining.com

(Allegheny County)

Bump to top.

This is shaping up as a very good class, but there are still slots available.

We are at slightly more than 50% right now.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.

John

www.3riverstraining.com

(Allegheny County)

We have several Glock 19's for rent and plenty of 9mm ammo for sale for anyone wanting to attend this course who is in need of a firearm or ammo.

The ammo is for sale for people signed up for this class only. No exceptions.

Please contact me for info.

John

info@3riverstraining.com

(Allegheny County)

Under two weeks to go until this class.

Pistols and ammo still available for those who need them.

John

www.3riverstranining.com

(Bucks County)

Class is a go still? I have no idea what I'm going to do for the time but the ride home should be fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast