Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 41 Magnum

(Westmoreland County)

Default 41 Magnum

Just found this site and thought I would see if anyone else is a fan of the 41 magnum. I have a Ruger Blackhawk and a Marlin 1894 chambered for it and love both. Now if I could find a Desert Eagle 41 Mag when I have some extra cash I would have the best of everything. Looking forward to some educational exchange with the members here. RSD

Hokkmike Guest

Default Re: 41 Magnum

Quote Originally Posted by Rick41Mag View Post
    Just found this site and thought I would see if anyone else is a fan of the 41 magnum. I have a Ruger Blackhawk and a Marlin 1894 chambered for it and love both. Now if I could find a Desert Eagle 41 Mag when I have some extra cash I would have the best of everything. Looking forward to some educational exchange with the members here. RSD
    I know of two other people who have matching six-guns and lever action rifles in .41 mag. It is not a bad caliber but a little difficult to find on the shelf. I, myself, do not. Sorry.

(Bucks County)

Difficulty finding brass/bullets prevents me from taking the plunge into 41 mag. I probably would do it if I could find an incredible deal on a sweet S&W, but right now I am enamored with 44 mag and can load it as light or heavy as I want with great results.

(Beaver County)

I own a couple 41 Dan Wesson wheelguns. One is an 8" stainless while the other is blued with 6 and 8" barrels. I like the caliber. But then again I collect so these were just additions to the DW collection not so much that I chased after 41 itself.

And brass is what I consider fairly reasonable for new brass from Starline if you buy direct.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

West of the mountains, south of the lake, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I found an incredible deal on a dusty Smith and Wesson model 58 sitting in a gun shop display case. So I have ONE .41 magnum. I've collected a few hundred loaded rounds, a decent supply of brass, and 500 boolits. No joy on the primers yet. I really like the revolver. It's like a large heavy barrel model 10. Shoots POA at 25 yards with 210 grain loads. Definitely a keeper.

(Westmoreland County)

It's nice to hear I'm lonely but not alone. I've always liked different stuff. I've had a Savage CL 110 in 30.06 that I love for close to 30 years without feeling the need to upgrade/change calibers or rifles and I was a devoted Dodge/Mopar owner way before they became popular. Now Dodge is extremely popular, Savage has gained immensely in their following and I read an article recently that said the 30.06 was able to do about anything the newer fancier calibers will do and has been doing it for over 100 years. My feelings are "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and if it still gets the job done don't go broke replacing it. BTW my CCW is a Star Firestar in .40 SW that shoots and carries very well.

(Lycoming County)

Bought a brand new, in the box, 1984 Ruger 6" Blackhawk with a perfect trigger....no creep about a year ago. I load 210's in mine. Handloads are the only way to go. Shoots flatter than the 44 Mag with more energy at 200 Yards and a smaller frame....not a fan of the Super Blackhawk frame, Mike.
    The liberals won't be happy until they control you.

I have a Ruger and a Marlin in .41. Love them both. You do have to reload for them because ammo is hard to find. I like the way the .41 shoots, it hits hard but does not kick hard.

(Westmoreland County)

I don't load but I have a good source of reasonably priced 41s, Mountaineer Custom Cartridge out of Grafton, WV. I used to get them at gunshows but don't get to them lately. He loads 210 gr at 1275 fps (i believe) and I've had good service with them. They used to be cheap, the last I bought was $24.95 but I just checked and Mostollers in Morgantown is getting $39.95 now for them. I've thought about loading but don't shoot as much as I'd like so I haven't felt the need.

(Allegheny County)

I have a couple of them. A S&W 657 and a Ruger Blackhawk. Both have 6.6" barrels and both shoot well. Have had 3 Redhawks in the past hence the user id.
    The Lord Bless You

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast