Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Smile Montco LTCF (update!)

Original Post
    So, I went in the other day to get pa ltcf, had the app all type out nice and neat, and I was pleasant even though the officer was not.he took app and photocopied my dl. Then he asked, police check card, I need your police check card. I told him politely that it was not needed, and that according to the pa state police( I did call them) that the form was not part of the permit, and also that Pottstown charges 20.00 for the police card, so Pottstown is actually violating the law possibly and that I didn't think it was fair for me to pay double that of most other pa residents when the law says the permit cost 20.00. He finally said, ok but it's going to take 45 days. At the same time I was there, he did issue one in about 10 minutes to someone else. I did notice that he wrote in big letters on the top of my form 45 DAYS, and filled it away. I know they have the right to take 45 days, but I really think this is somewhat discrimination. I will state again I kept a calm, non Condesendind attitude, and always treated him with respect, as I am a veteran, with family members that are Leo in other states. Does anyone think I should email the sheriff about this? I did observe from around the corner for ten minutes after he filled my form, and didn't seem to busy processing apps(I think he was texting possibly)

***UPDATE***
    I stopped into the courthouse today, because I was on my way to Insite to pick up a few things. Just for the hell of it, I wore my Navy BDU Jacket I usaully only bust out on veterans day. Went in and again asked them if they wanted my change of address card. This time I got a different officer, He pulled out the 45 day folder and retrieved my app. Then he says " Its already been approved they were just going to wait the full 45 days to call you, if you have 20.00 and 2 minutes ill finish you up". When I was leaving, the officer said "thank you for your service"

5 minutes later I walked out the door with my LTCF, and 20 minutes later
    I had my fairly new subcompact in my custom IWB horsehide/kydex holster.
    Feeling a lot better now that I dont have to rely on a stun gun and a pocket knife. Sub compacts may not be the most fun things to shoot, but as far as carry and conceal, I didnt even know it was there even when driving (i carry at about 430 or so) and Im super skinny. Today was a good day!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Montco LTCF (update!)

Thanks for confirming what I expected to hear.

I'm going to the courthouse tomorrow to turn in my application, without the unnecessary by law police check card. Based on the principle of the matter, and the fact that I once held a LTCF from Berks county, which was an in and out in 10 minutes deal WITH the license, I will not be going to the police and pay extra so the people in the Sheriff's office don't have to do their job. It's been a couple years since the Berks one expired, so I've waited this long, I guess I can wait an extra 45 days. It'll just be annoying knowing that they will definitely have it done early and not call just to be dicks.

Assholes, the lot of them.

Oh well. I will under no circumstances pay double for my LTCF just because I'm unfortunate enough to live in Montco. I can better use that money on gas or ammo. When it's renewal time, they don't require it then, so at least this should be the only time I have to wait. The fighting spirit in me wants to do something legal, but that's just not in the cards right now financially.