Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: North Strabane Township Police Oppression

Quote Originally Posted by deangelo1290@comcast.net View Post
    No problem, you don't know me and I don't know you. Sometimes it is easy to get carried away.

Just as a side note, I thought that I would mention that I will be down there just after 10 a.m. tomorrow 4/18/2014 to do a little shooting with a PAFOA friend that I've just met through email. Someone that lives in Houston. As we all know, there are very few places to actually get your gun off around here.
    So if your driving by there tomorrow, please roll up your window. I wouldn't want you to get all worked up, you know hearing all those gun shots and all.
    For some reason, since I just started shooting there last week, some feel that there is some underlying motivation. Quite frankly, I've been a gun owner and shooter for about thirty years. I haven't hunted for the last 18 years, but still have a common love and interest for firearms.
    I actually recently completed my first AR build last year. Haven't decided if I will shoot it on my property yet or not.
    I thought I would ask, if you don't like the sound of gun shots, why do you post on PAFOA?
    Dude, I love the sound of gun shots! I just wouldn't want to be hearing it my living room after a long work day.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by dazeeman View Post
    Dude, I love the sound of gun shots! I just wouldn't want to be hearing it my living room after a long work day.
    That is exactly why I will be shooting during the day.
    So as not to interfere with your tranquility while you are relaxing during the evening after a hard day at work.

(Washington County)

Mr.Deangelo, thanks for clearing up my misconceptions. So let me try to understand your plight. You purchased the property 5 years ago with plans to build a crematorium & an advertising billboard. Those plans fell apart because you did not have a right of way making the property in your words “useless for productive purposes of economic value”. You have since filed a lawsuit to gain an easement, a lawsuit against the township, a lawsuit against the Chief of Police & a lawsuit against Aquatech. 4 lawsuits in 5 years, why would anybody think you have underlying motivation? One question for you, if you don’t have a right of way to your property how do you get there to shoot?

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by BowTieGuy View Post
    Mr.Deangelo, thanks for clearing up my misconceptions. So let me try to understand your plight. You purchased the property 5 years ago with plans to build a crematorium & an advertising billboard. Those plans fell apart because you did not have a right of way making the property in your words “useless for productive purposes of economic value”. You have since filed a lawsuit to gain an easement, a lawsuit against the township, a lawsuit against the Chief of Police & a lawsuit against Aquatech. 4 lawsuits in 5 years, why would anybody think you have underlying motivation? One question for you, if you don’t have a right of way to your property how do you get there to shoot?
    Firstly I didn't file a lawsuit to gain an easement, I filed a petition with the court for a private roadway under PA state Law (Private Roadway Act of 1863).
    I did file one lawsuit against the chief and the township jointly for violating my civil rights by attempting to interfere with my second amendment rights.
    (That would be one lawsuit)
    Then I filed a private criminal complaint for trespass since certain folks think they can do anything they want on my property. As with all property owners, I have the basic right of exclusion form unauthorized use of my property.
    So to correct your math, that's one Petition, one lawsuit and one criminal complaint.
    And now to answer your last question, I can only access my property on foot which would not be suitable for the uses that I mentioned above.. There is, for lack of a better term, a "paper alley" that is the only access that I have to the property. So currently I will only use the property for recreational purposes, such as target shooting.

(Washington County)

I have the feeling Bowtieguy either works for the PD and is "monitoring" Mr. Deangelo, or he works for Aquatech and is getting all up in his business since Aquatech can't do squat about the shooting range......
    "Confiscating is not stealing! I warned him!" -Valentin16

(Washington County)

Anyway,
    I had an enjoyable day at the range today
    I took my teenage son shooting. I spent a great deal of time coaching him on the fundamentals of safe shooting. He spent about twenty minutes dry firing my XDm40 which I think helped him edge past his fear of the recoil. I then shared with him the fundamentals of loading the magazines, and had him shoot at the targets that I put up for him. He is learning the principles of muzzle discipline and to treat all firearms as if they are loaded.
    I also met a fellow PAFOA friend today who brought his Glock .45 and a thirty eight . He also shot for a while.
    No police came to even inquire. It was a pleasant day. My son shot well from seven yards. and then we moved back to ten yards. He began to develop confidence, shot well, and we both had a great time.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhost27 View Post
    I have the feeling Bowtieguy either works for the PD and is "monitoring" Mr. Deangelo, or he works for Aquatech and is getting all up in his business since Aquatech can't do squat about the shooting range......
    I'm starting to get that vibe too. I wonder if bow ties are part of the dress code at Aquatech.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhost27 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deangelo1290@comcast.net View Post
    I'm starting to get that vibe too. I wonder if bow ties are part of the dress code at Aquatech.
    That or He has a really nice Chevy, and probably double parks it in the Lot of Aquatech!!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    That or He has a really nice Chevy, and probably double parks it in the Lot of Aquatech!!
    Yea, with his spy camera. lol

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by BowTieGuy View Post
    You said someone built a range 400 or 500 yards from your house & is doesn’t bother you, would you feel the same it the range was 20 feet from your living room?
    Do you live in the area, or work there? Big difference. At times my employment has me exposed to the sound of gunfire and, at times, a whole lot worse inconveniences. That is why it is called work, and not play.

That said, the area I live in is zoned agricultural and it does not have noise ordinances, much to some of my neighbor's chagrin. One even attempted to get the TWP Board of Supervisors to pass an ordinance against Sunday shooting. He was advised they could not even if they were so inclined to. It also helped when the one Supervisor stated to him "if we were to do that, where would I shoot?". The neighbor left unhappy. He since has changed his tune and has even visited on an occasional range day. So, things may work out in the end for this tale.

Be safe (and neighborly, when neighbors).

Scott

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast