Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Snyder County

(Snyder County)

Default Snyder County

Im trying to get a concealed carry license in Snyder County but all there websites seem to not work, anyone have any reason for this or a website i can use?

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Snyder County

Quote Originally Posted by eric17 View Post
    Im trying to get a concealed carry license in Snyder County but all there websites seem to not work, anyone have any reason for this or a website i can use?
    A License to Carry Firearms is issued by the sheriff of your county of residence, so he would be the one to contact regarding hours of operation etc.

There doesn't appear to be a site/page for the Snyder Co. sheriff, but according to the county's site his telephone number is 837-3311.

If the sheriff or his/her deputies tell you anything that seems weird or not right, I suggest asking about it here on PAFOA. I know nothing at all about your sheriff, but many other sheriffs in PA seem to feel free to implement their own rules and regulations for licenses, even thought state law is quite clear on the process they are supposed to follow.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Snyder County)

The whole Sheriff's Office is very "pro-carry" generally and they are more than willing to help you with any questions you may have. If you're a first timer to Snyder County as far as LTCFs goes, then you'll be waiting a bit because the Sheriff will send letters to your references and will not issue the LTCF until the letters are returned.

FYI: If using an appplication obtained from somewhere other than the Sheriff's Office, make sure you have the latest revision of the application (10/2012) and have the front and back on ONE page and not two separate pages. If not, you'll be filling out a new form in the office.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android