Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Taurus PT101 AFS 40 S&W

I will be getting this gun in about a week.. has ANYONE had any experience with it ???? Looking for input on it....

THANKS

(Chester County)

Default Re: Taurus PT101 AFS 40 S&W

Good luck with their customer service, I was speaking to a guy at my range who was shooting hi sand said he had to get the front sight put back on it twice, so I asked how many rounds does he have through it "700-800" he said. Just remember in the gun world you get what you pay for. But I hope you get one of the good Taurus's, good luck to you. It is I have just heard to many things about Taurus "cutting" corners.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Lawrence County)

Um....Isn't the front sight part of the slide? I'm not sure, but I put a rear MMC sigth on one once and I thought it was..........

I liked the gun, but it hated lead bullets....they tumbled.

Lycanisokwithtaurusthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Haven't had a PT100/101. Did own a couple PT99s a long time ago. Things just didn't jam, and didn't break until past 30,000 rounds. I got my money's worth, I thought.

The front sight is (or was, at least) part of the slide. And while lead bullets didn't tumble, they leaded the hell out of the barrel.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

I purchased same handgun in 1999. only problem I had was the feed ramp. I had to curve and polish the very top of the feed ramp to be able to shoot hollow points. the full metal jackets shot just fine. my favorite load is winchester cases. 7.6 gr. Unique powder. CCI 500 sp primer and 155 gr. Hornady XTP/HP #40000. resulting in the best accuracy, good home defense. this is a power load but within safe limits.

(Bucks County)

I had one and the only problem I had as the rear sight pin fell out about 1500 rds, Taurus sent me three of them after a quick phone call.
    Guns are dangerous, but no guns is more dangerous.

This is mine i just got about 2 weeks ago i only put about 400 rounds through it but no jam or any problems of any sort. I got the gun on sale for $299 reg $380 at academy sports so for the price this seems like the perfect gun. And if you are into the laser sights like i am (the factory sights are garbage) check out outdoor bunker.com the light and laser combo was only $85.00.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just bought a new Taurus PT101 40 cal. looking forward to getting it to the range.
    3%er "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.." -G. K. Chesterton

(Blair County)

I had one back in around 2004. good shooter, big. Front sight is a part of the slide, it cannot fall off (or be adjusted) rear is drift. Mine was blued, finish stayed real nice. never had any misfires that I can remember. Bought it used in new condition for 225$ fired about 4k rounds through it, then got 240$ in trade value on my sig I dont really miss it, but there is no other gun in the 250$ range that is even close in terms of quality.

Cool Re: Taurus PT101 AFS 40 S&W

so how did you like the taurus pt 101 ??.i have one and have never had a problem with it .i clean it thoroughly after each range day and i have about 12k rounds through it , and who knows how many before I got it . i have owned a few taurus' including a .41 magnum and a 9mm millenium, i had one problem with the Millenium , it launched the guide rod out onto the ground , i sent it to taurus and it was replaced and returned within a week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast