Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default Thinking of a trade wonder if good idea???

In sept I bought a .45 ruger my first handgun I took it out to shoot out maybe 90 rounds through it and now it's just getting hard to find ammo around here for it I do not have a reloading unit in process of trying to buy one. But I have a friend that I talked with and they have a .357/.38 special and it maybe easier to get ammo around here for 38 and 357 so I was thinking to make a trade for the eea windacator 357 snub nose would that be a good idea? I have another semi auto hi point 9mm it does jam on me so I was thinking the revolver may be a better concealed carry gun.

Default Re: Thinking of a trade wonder if good idea???

What is Ruger .45 model you have?
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Delaware County)

I'm not at all sure I agree with your logic for trading. I haven't seen all that much ammo in any caliber. [except 17HMR] I am starting to some some ammo albeit not 45.
    I wouldn't ''jump ship'' yet, unless you truely don't like the 45. Things will ease up at some point.
    IMO, I would rather have your Ruger than THAT revolver. You have a lifetime warranty with the Ruger, you get squat with the EEA. And Ruger is a good company. Again, JMO.

FYI, a lot of times the failure of the Hi Points are faulty magazines. Sometimes they just need tweaking.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Delaware County)

Sight unseen I would not make that trade. If you feel you must change calibres I would sell my gun and buy one I am happier with. I would maybe put my gun up for trade here. I would ask for cash on their end if that was the only trade I could find.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by SauerGrapes View Post
    I'm not at all sure I agree with your logic for trading. I haven't seen all that much ammo in any caliber. [except 17HMR] I am starting to some some ammo albeit not 45.
    I wouldn't ''jump ship'' yet, unless you truely don't like the 45. Things will ease up at some point.
    IMO, I would rather have your Ruger than THAT revolver. You have a lifetime warranty with the Ruger, you get squat with the EEA. And Ruger is a good company. Again, JMO.

FYI, a lot of times the failure of the Hi Points are faulty magazines. Sometimes they just need tweaking.

I wasn't aware Ruger offered a lifetime warranty. Is it for the original owner only or is it a forever type warranty?
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Northumberland County)

It's a p97dc thanks for the input. I will prolly just hang on to my 45 and how do I tweak the hi point magazine?

(Allegheny County)

IIRC: Ruger doesn't officially have ANY warranty for its firearms, but instead has an unspoken policy of taking care of their customers. I think this was to get around potentially sticky legislation and lawsuits but don't quote me on that. From what I've heard, their customer service is top tier.

The P97DC is IMHO, a much better firearm than an EAA Windicator; keep it.

The feed lips on High Point mags tend to get bent; sometimes they bow out under internal pressure and sometimes they get dented inward by being dropped our slapped into the magwell. I'd make sure the feedramp was smooth first then start tinkering with a screwdriver, hammer, pliers, etc on the feed lips. Just understand that the mags are the weakest part of the gun and it may be simpler to:

buy a new magazine or,
    send everything to High Point for repair --> they usually send the gun back with an extra magazine.

(Monroe County)

Trading a Ruger for a Taurus, is moving in the wrong direction.

YMMV

(Centre County)

Stay with the Ruger, .45 ACP will start showing up again.

Ruger is a company that will stand behind their product. If something is wrong with it, call them. Many (most) times they will pay for the shipping back to them, especially if it is manufacturing defect, no matter how small. And the "warranty" is for the gun, it doesn't matter how many owners it's gone through

I know a person that had problems with a 40 year old Ruger and it was shipped back to them on their dime and was fixed.

I recently bought a Ruger that was specially made for the NYCPD. When I got it and researched it, the finish wasn't the way it would have come from the factory under the contract. I called Ruger and they had me send it in. They restored it to the way it should have come out of the factory and actually replaced a few other parts (that I never even thought about). This was done at no cost to me.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Philadelphia County)

Around me, .45ACP is more plentiful than 9mm and .380. There's not much .357 Magnum, but .38 Special is somewhat available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast