Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default 2 day Tactical AR15 Operator course with Low Light Shoot - Discounted Price!

3 Rivers Tactical Training Solutions, Inc. is conducting a 2 day Tactical AR15 Operator course on Saturday, June 1st and Sunday, June 2nd 2013, at the Holsopple Sportsman's Association, located in in Holsopple, PA, Cambria County. Hours are 10 am - 8 pm on Saturday June 1st, and 10 am - 6 pm on Sunday, June 2nd. The Holsopple Sportsman's Association range is located at 616 Ridge Road, Hooversville PA, 15936. The range is approximately a 15 minute drive south of Johnstown, and approximately a 1 hour driver from Altoona.

This course is being hosted by PAFOA member dennym. Please contact dennym via PM with any questions related to the range facility and / or the local area.

PLEASE READ THE PARAGRAPH BELOW - SPECIAL RATE FOR THIS HOLSOPPLE SPORTSMAN'S ASSOCIATION!

This course is being offered at a discounted rate due to an agreement worked out with the Holsopple Sportsman's Association regarding range fees. The normal price for this course is $250.00, but this course will be offered for the discounted price of $225.00. Please see the bottom of this course announcement for payment options.

To view the AAR from our February class, click here - http://forum.pafoa.org/training-tact...24-2013-a.html

Topics covered will be:

1) Firearms Safety Rules

2) Developing Proper Situational Awareness

3) Carbine Zeroing

4) 6 Fundamentals of Carbine Marksmanship

5) Carbine Reloads and Malfunction Clearing

6) Carbine to Pistol Transitions

7) Proper Use of Cover and Concealment

8) Threat Discrimination

9) Standard and Non-Standard Shooting Positions

10) Shooting While Moving

11) Night Shoot / Low Light Exercise

Required Equipment

1) AR15 platform carbine with a sling. 2 point adjustable slings are very strongly recommended. A weapon mounted white light is optional, but very, very strongly recommended. Additionally, a red dot optic is recommended, but not required. All students using an optic must have back-up iron sights on their carbine.

Class III weapons are permitted. If using a Class III weapon, please inform us in advance.

Anyone wishing to attend the course with an AK47 or variant is welcome to do so.

2) A minimum of 300 rounds .223 or 5.56. 500 rounds recommended.

3) A minimum of 3 AR magazines. The more magazines the better.

4) The ability to carry at least one carbine magazine on your body, either by use of a chest rig or belt setup. A limited number of chest rigs are available for rent from 3T.

5) A serviceable pistol in at least 9mm is optional, but recommended. Pistols must be worn in a kydex or duty type holster, either belt worn or drop leg. Nylon, IWB, and chest rig mounted holsters are not permitted. 100 pistol rounds and a minimum of two pistol magazines are required for those students using a pistol.

6) Shooting / tactical gloves are very strongly recommended. Baseball batting gloves also work very well.

7) A quality hand held flashlight.

8) Tinted and clear eye protection.

9) Hearing protection.

10) Knee pads are [B]HIGHLY[B]recommended.

11) Clothing appropriate for weather conditions. BDU / 5.11 type pants with side leg pockets are recommended.

12) An open mind, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn.

Minimum class size is 8, maximum class size is 20. This class is going to fill up quickly. Do not delay if you want a spot.

All 3T courses are taught by certified instructors with years of military, law enforcement, and high threat security contracting experience in Iraq and Afghanistan. Threat discrimination and round accountability are core skills that are relentlessly emphasized.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at info@3riverstraining.com or at 412-925-0818.

3T accepts checks, Visa, Mastercard, and PayPal.

To sign up for this course online, simply click here - http://www.3riverstraining.com/news/...rbine-operator

There is no such thing as "advanced firearm skills". There is only the perfect execution of the fundamentals while under stress."

Default Re: 2 day Tactical AR Operator course with Low Light Shoot - Discounted Price!

This is going to be a GREAT opportunity for us in the laurel highlands! Thank you John for working with me to get this set up, I am so excited to get some great quality training in our area!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: 2 day Tactical AR Operator course with Low Light Shoot - Discounted Price!

Quote Originally Posted by dennym View Post
    This is going to be a GREAT opportunity for us in the laurel highlands! Thank you John for working with me to get this set up, I am so excited to get some great quality training in our area!
    Thank you Denny. I am really looking forward to this class.

For anyone considering traveling to this class, I will be posting information on nearby hotels shortly.

Anyone interested in camping can go here, its right on quemahoning reservoir, and its less than 10 mins to the range. Its a nice place. here's the link http://www.cambriasomersetwater.com/QueRec.html

(Allegheny County)

We all understand the ammo situation in the firarms industry right now.

If you have an AK platform weapon, a 22lr conversionckit for your AR, a mini-14, a 22 carbine such as the Smith & Wesson 15/22, please feel to bring it.

If you are interested in this course but are having trouble finding .223 or 5.56 ammo, contact me and I will try my best to help you out.

John

www.3riverstraining.com

(Allegheny County)

There is a lot of interest in this class and some seats are filled.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

John

www.3riverstraining.com

(Allegheny County)

Bump to top.

We've had several folks sign up over the weekend, but there are still plenty of slots available.

(Westmoreland County)

I'm excited, this class can't come soon enough!
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

I hear ya, glad to have you aboard! if you have any questions about the club or the area or anything let me know. Thanks...Denny

(Allegheny County)

Folks,

I've recently obtained several thousand rounds of Federal XM193 5.56 ammo which I am making available for sale to 3T students.

In order to cover the shipping costs that I paid and to keep the math simple, this ammo will be for sale at a price of $0.50 per round. $0.50 per round is higher than the price of 5.56 ammo before everything went insane following the Newtown shooting in December, but is still far below current prices on Gunbroker. I'm not selling this ammo to make a profit - I'm doing this to make ammo available to students who need it.

Minimum purchase is 100 rounds.

This ammo is ONLY for sale to individuals who have signed up for a 3T carbine course, and will be distributed on day 1 of the course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast