Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Maybe moving to PA

My girlfriend and I may be moving to PA, she will be working in Malvern. I am going to be trying to get a job as a campaign worker or possibly with a P.A.C. (dream job working for the NRA). I may end up in Harrisburg, or somewhere else if I am working on a campaign. We would like to be no more than an hour away from Jersey, because of family and friends. We are looking at Chester, Berks, Montgomery, and maybe even Lancaster. Any good towns or info about nice places to live in this area? We want a nice old town that is a Philly suburb kinda town. We have been looking an apartment complex in Phoenxville any thought on the town? thanks in advance for the info and thoughts

Mike
    Last edited by Raskin91; April 8th, 2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: forgot to add a thank you

(Perry County)

Default Re: Maybe moving to PA

Quote Originally Posted by Raskin91 View Post
    We want a nice old town that is a Philly suburb kinda town. We have been looking an apartment complex in Phoenxville any thought on the town? thanks in advance for the info and thoughts

Mike
    I have a buddy that lives in Lancaster, which is probably on the outskirts of where you would like to be. But it's a pretty quiet place to live outside of downtown. Besides that I think that Lancaster would be a pretty good half way point between Malvern and Harrisburg if that's where you took a job.

(Berks County)

I live in Douglassville which is right on the Montgomery/Chester/Berks border and I love it. It would be a little more than an hour to NJ, depending on how you drive, and the commute to Malvern wouldn't be too bad. Depending on how long a commute that you are willing to do it might be a little bit of a pull to Harrisburg. Phoenixville is only about 15 minutes away from me. It would be that much closer to Malvern and NJ and dependent on which way you go could save you some time to Harrisburg. Hope it works out for you. We're always ready to accept our brothers from the PRNJ as long as they don't try to joisey Pa.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

I live in Royersford, right near Phoenixville. Nice enough area, quickly growing up and getting more crowded. You'll be well more than an hour from Jersey, though. Heck, it took me an hour and 15 minutes just to get to work in King of Prussia this morning. It's about 12 miles. Yuck!!
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart