Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default NJ Mother Forced to Turn Over Her Guns...After Reading the Constitution

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...pute-assembly/

A New Jersey mother was arrested and told to turn over her guns after reading the Constitution and peacefully protesting at a tax dispute forum, she says.

Eileen Hart was with her husband Keith and her 7-year-old daughter on Saturday at the Gloucester Community Center to dispute a mandatory home re-evaluation that would roughly double her property value (and therefore dramatically increase her rates), objecting on multiple grounds. As an Orthodox Jew, she refused to have the inspectors in her home when her husband was away at work. As an American citizen, she objected to the seemingly arbitrary reappraisal, noting that she is not planning on selling her home and hasn’t renovated her kitchen in 30 years.

But at the forum, Hart was allegedly told that since she didn’t let the inspectors into her home, the state has a right to “assume” its value.

“How could they assume that my value had doubled when there is absolutely no housing market?” she asked TheBlaze rhetorically over the phone. “There is basically no GDP growth.”

After Hart started citing the Constitution, a representative of Appraisal Systems, Inc.– the company contracted by the state to conduct appraisals– started “freaking out,” she said, and called for New Jersey tax assessor Robyn Glocker-Hammond.

“Sit down and shut up,” Hart said Glocker-Hammond told her, adding that she (Glocker-Hammond) was there to “enforce the law.”

“I didn’t see a badge,” Hart noted. “Her title is tax assessor, not law enforcement officer.”

Glocker-Hammond started speaking to Hart’s husband like a “two-year-old,” Hart claimed, and after she objected, Glocker-Hammond once again told her to be quiet.

“I have a right to speak out against this, this is a public place, my tax dollars pay your salary,” Hart objected to the tax assessor, already incredulous at the drastic increase in her rates.

“I don’t work for you,” the assessor allegedly retorted.

At that point, Appraisal Systems, Inc. representative Andrew Colavecchio started advancing towards her, she said, like he was about to grab her arm. “Don’t you dare touch me,” she said after he allegedly got so close he touched her coat.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Lancaster County)

Angry Re: NJ Mother Forced to Turn Over Her Guns...After Reading the Constitution

I guess thats what happens these days when your not being a good nazi!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: NJ Mother Forced to Turn Over Her Guns...After Reading the Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...pute-assembly/

A New Jersey mother was arrested and told to turn over her guns after reading the Constitution and peacefully protesting at a tax dispute forum
    It's great to know reading the constitution and peacefully protesting is against the law in PRNJ.

Angry Re: NJ Mother Forced to Turn Over Her Guns...After Reading the Constitution

There but for the grace of god go I. I must remember to thank my mom for their decision to live in and raise me in Pa instead of NY, NJ or Maryland.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: NJ Mother Forced to Turn Over Her Guns...After Reading the Constitution

God, I hate NJ...and I have to work there for 10-12 hrs a day...that's like half of my work week spent in a gulag.
    5.56mm, 9mm, .40SW, .44 Mag, .357 Mag, .22LR, 12GA, .45-70, 7.62x54R

(Bucks County)

If our country ever needs to be trimmed down a little, let's go for CA on the west coast & NJ & NYC on the east coast
    Jesus is Lord !

(Westmoreland County)

You have to fight your battles in Court. Bureaucrats and their private sector hirelings "don't want hassle". You won't win an argument with them.

Especially these rackets which "assess" "tax rates".

When they start their silliness call a Lawyer. Work on the elected officials who ultimately choose how things are supposed to go. Make their lives difficult with public pressure, exposing their deals or in other legal ways making them sweat.

(Crawford County)

Don't protest in Jersey....noted.

Don't read the Constitution of the United States of America in New Jersey....noted.

Don't own a firearm in New Jersey....noted.

Tell me again why people willingly live in New Jersey?
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

Here we go!

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Westmoreland County)

The fuse is burning...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast