Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default is this just practice

sorry if this is posted already. thought it would be of interest. i don't even have time to read it myself right now. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...tml?cmpid=yhoo

WTF!

Speechless!

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Pike County)

Default Re: is this just practice

What the fuck was that? You posted just some link, without commentary, and even admitted, that you didn't read it yourself. WHY? I find it extremely disrespectful to other forum members.

It's not 1995, people don't click on every link they find on the interwebz anymore.
    Je suis déplorable

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Taking guns away from criminals, that's not bad. Is it?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    It's actually pretty disturbing. They went into the home of "Lynnette," who was 302'ed, and took HER HUSBAND'S guns. Apparently it's not enough to lock them up; if anyone in your house is prohibited, then in these people's eyes, you just lost your RKBA.

It's nice how this article affirms that they're not infringing rights, and instead of making us say, "...yet," they describe actual rights violations going on right now.

If they were her guns instead of her husband's, by the way, they're still thieves. They took the guns without compensation, rather than letting her sell them.

(York County)

Holy crap...that's really f'd up. Confiscation based on a 2 day 302? That's not even enough time for a diagnosis. If they released her after 2 days, they obviously didn't think she was a danger to herself or anyone else. The fact that they stole the husband's guns too just blows my mind. I would be super pissed off, but being Californians they just bend over and take it like good little subjects. Disgusting.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    You didn't read the article.
    Free "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"

From the article:

Merely being in a database of registered gun owners and having a “disqualifying event,” such as a felony conviction or restraining order, isn’t sufficient evidence for a search warrant, Marsh said March 5 during raids in San Bernardino County. So the agents often must talk their way into a residence to look for weapons, he said.

Also from the article:

"Wearing bulletproof vests and carrying 40-caliber Glock pistols, nine California Justice Department agents assembled outside a ranch-style house in a suburb east of Los Angeles. They were looking for a gun owner who’d recently spent two days in a mental hospital. "

Yes I do find this disturbing. 9 men wearing bullet proof vests and carrying Glocks representing the government go up to houses without warrants and talk their way in? Most people are going to have a hard time saying no to that display of firepower. They are pretty much admitting the program is unconstitutional imo.

Basically they are saying/doing, we don't have enough evidence for a search warrant so we are going to intimidate and harass our way into your home and take your belongings..... have a nice day.

From the article:

“What do we do about the guns that are already in the hands of persons who, by law, are considered too dangerous to possess them?” Harris said in a letter to Vice President Joe Biden after a Connecticut school shooting in December left 26 dead. She recommended that Biden, heading a White House review of gun policy, consider California as a national model.

Hey Joe.....We say to hell with the law ourselves and go into peoples homes without warrants. This is what you need to do on a national level...... Use California as a model..... the model for screwing people out of their possessions.

Yes..... this article, like many stories out of California disturbs me. It does also provide a model for eventual gun confiscation. It shows just how the information they have can be used against anyone, including honest gun owners.

(Indiana County)

Is it really that surprising that:
    1. The state does this in California?
    2. The people in California allow it?
    3. The people do not know their rights considering the way schools have been run for the past how many years?
    4. The MSM is absent?

(Delaware County)

Merely being in a database of registered gun owners and having a “disqualifying event,” such as a felony conviction or restraining order, isn’t sufficient evidence for a search warrant, Marsh said March 5 during raids in San Bernardino County. So the agents often must talk their way into a residence to look for weapons, he said.
    AKA.... Lying and threatening people to gain access

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast