Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default New Sig 1911 Scorpion

Hey guy i just got my first 1911 and if anyone has any suggestions on upgrades or anything like that please let me know. I picked up a few wilson combat mags and they seem pretty nice. I havent shot it yet and am looking forward to seeing how it is in action. Also, Ive been reading mixed reviews on this pistol. About 50/50 say its great or awful. If anyone has any first hand knowledge let me know, thanks!

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: New Sig 1911 Scorpion

id love to put some pictures up but im lost on that front if someone could quickly give me instructions i can put them up!

(Bucks County)

take digital pics, upload them to your facebook account(assuming you have one) or any other host. After uploading, right click and click properties. The pics address is in the box. On your post, there is the yellow box with mountains in it. Click that and fill in your pic address.

I have the Sig Extreme, the black nitron finish twin of the scorpion.

I love mine. There is one jackhole on here who nay-says Sig 1911's but doesn't own one..typical of most his opinions and posts, don't listen to him. Good luck with yours.
    Last edited by Sparxfly72; March 10th, 2013 at 07:49 AM. Reason: clarified 1911's

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    There is one jackhole on here who nay-says Sigs but doesn't own one..typical of most his opinions and posts, don't listen to him. Good luck with yours.
    Are you referring to moi? I happen to own two very nice Sigs, just not 1911's. Jackhole?? Too funny...
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    nay-says Sig 1911's but doesn't own one..typical of most his opinions and posts, don't listen to him. Good luck with yours.
    Thank you for clarifying. He doesn't need my opinion, anyway. He already admits it's 50/50 to people who like and dislike them. Must be something to it considering they own them.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    He already admits it's 50/50 to people who like and dislike them. Must be something to it considering they own them.
    He never said the 50/50 reviews are from ppl who own them, that's your assumption. He said this:

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydas1 View Post
    Hey guy i just got my first 1911 and if anyone has any suggestions on upgrades or anything like that please let me know. I picked up a few wilson combat mags and they seem pretty nice. I havent shot it yet and am looking forward to seeing how it is in action. Also, Ive been reading mixed reviews on this pistol. About 50/50 say its great or awful. If anyone has any first hand knowledge let me know, thanks!
    Notice the last sentence in that, not that that ever stopped you from serving up your opinion.

I read that this particular model 1911 jams A LOT and is generally only good for about 300 rounds before it needs to be rebuilt. I can take this problem off your hands for $300.00 dollars.

Just kidding, the Scorpion is awesome. Clean it frequently, lube it generously, and only feed it FMJ for the first 500 rounds.

Enjoy it!

(Lackawanna County)

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2a3ee9d4.jpg
    http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...ps700c6c92.jpg
    http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3e231d65.jpg
    http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8aa962a9.jpg

OK! So here are some links, the first three of the Scorpion and the last one of the Scorpion and my M400.

Like I said in the beginning, if anyone has any experience with the Scorpion or the 1911 platform in general and knows of any quality upgrades it would be much appreciated. Thanks for all the support too guys!

(Lancaster County)

Nice gun! I like the rail - a lot of people don't, but I think it adds usefulness to the gun (you don't have to use it, but it's there if you want it!). I also like the cerakote color. Good luck with it.

Cb

(York County)

I was always curious about the sig 1911's. I've always been a glock guy but ill own one someday. That tan finish looks nice and I definitely like the rail. Although I would prefer a full size slide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast