Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default No Ammo and WHY?

I would like some Real Answers on this. Called the Sportsman Guide this am just for a couple questions and got no place. She was like matter of fact, everyone knows what is going on, well please tell me. This has been going on since October 2012, if not earlier on some flavors. What? all the worlds ammo factories just slowed production for 6 months. Please, real answers on why no ammo and no bs. Thanks..

This came in Saturday with the post updates. Please watch this video on Dept. Homeland Security Contract Ammo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=uQoQO0rEeX0#!
    Last edited by Erfurter1937; March 9th, 2013 at 09:04 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: No Ammo and WHY?

you must have just returned from space or something. Obama got re elected.The october run on ammo buying was the build up to him potentially winning. Don't forget all the "mass shootings" that happened and now all the gun legislature that is floating around.

Supply < Demand = No Ammo

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Erfurter1937 View Post
    I would like some Real Answers on this. Called the Sportsman Guide this am just for a couple questions and got no place. She was like matter of fact, everyone knows what is going on, well please tell me. This has been going on since October 2012, if not earlier on some flavors. What? all the worlds ammo factories just slowed production for 6 months. Please, real answers on why no ammo and no bs. Thanks..

I'm curious. The answers would help to understand why you are asking...

1. Do you buy ammo "a box at a time" - as you need it?
    Example: If going to the range, do you typically have the ammo on hand (that you purchased long in advance), or do you stop and get a box the day before, or on the way to the range?

2. Were you a shooter during the Clinton gun ban?

3. Were you a shooter when Obama was elected the first time?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Northampton County)

ive always got a case or so every other week on pay week, so i am GTG, but i lack some cals, but its on back order since Dec, says July will ship..... who knows lol!!! no way i would be paying a buck a round for ANYTHING but .50 or .338 Lapua mag
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Berks County)

Because I bought it all and you CAN'T have any of it.

(Northampton County)

It's because Charlton Heston knows I touched myself.

(Jefferson County)

Ammo factories haven't slowed down.

They all have ramped up production. Some have hired additional employees to have additional shifts.

It is all because of Obama's re-election, Sandy Hook and the fall-out from that, and larger government ammo purchases.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    It's because Charlton Heston knows I touched myself.
    I heard you did it with his cold dead hands.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

I’ve heard a plethora of theories as to the shortage of ammo..

The first is simply that civilians have placed so many orders that they’re simply overwhelmed.

However, one of the others, which is far more disturbing, is that the Federal Government is using the Defense Production Act of 1950 (through Executive Order 13603) to force the ammo makers to sell the ammo to them. I did research the act and it authorizes the President to force companies to sell to the Federal Government (ahead of all other orders) such defense materials as he deems necessary for the defense of the country. The stories I’ve heard is that the Gov’t is placing such large orders (and requiring preferential production via the DPA 1950) that the manufacturers are physically unable (legally) to produce for the civilian market.

If this is true, I think the public has a right to know.. And I think I have a way to force the answer..

Federal Anti-Trust laws prohibit, among other things, companies from creating false shortages in order to drive up the price. If we could get some ammo retailers, customers, ets. to file a Federal Anti-Trust suit against the manufacturers claiming that they are intentionally causing a shortage to drive up the prices, we could then (through the discovery process) see who has placed what orders and when. This discovered material would also become public record.

I hate conspiracy theories – unfortunately, there really are too many “coincidences” with this administration not to warrant some kind of investigation.

I’m also not suggesting that the manufacturers are conspiring with the Feds to deprive the civilian market. However, in today’s world of National Defense Letters (I know they’re for a different purpose), Gag orders, threats of imprisonment if people disclose government actions, etc. – the manufacturers may be unwilling to disclose what’s really happening (if it is Government action); a subpoena might be just the thing to let them disclose.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast