Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: No Ammo and WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by panopticonisi View Post
    these people dump millions into their politics. bloomberg dump millions to get ag kane elected and most recently into the illinois democratic primaries just to keep gun rights' activists out of politics. these people can easily outpace the collective gun enthusiasts' ammo budgets without hurting their bottom line and risking going to the poor house. it is not far fetched to hypothesize that they are manipulating the market, especially since they can always sell the ammo to their buddies in the government after they get legislation passed.

Yes - yes it is.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Then why did they stop after 2008-2009? Why didn't they just keep doing it?

Seems silly to do it only for a year or so and then let things go back to normal.
    I don't know or believe necessarily that these guys are manipulating the market. I just think it's something we should consider as a possibility.

if cci alone makes 4 million 22lr rounds a day, how many panic buyers can hoard how much for how long? it's been over a month and a half since I've seen any (including walmart's periodic shipments) on a store shelf. do you really think that gun owners hoarding?

in 2008 ammo wasn't this scarce, iirc. I could still find a few boxes here and there of the pistol calibers and never really had trouble finding .22lr.

then again, I wasn't an enthusiast during the clinton era, so maybe this is normal.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yes - yes it is.
    no, it's not. the dems have used this strategy plenty of times. clean energy incentives, sin taxes, what have you.

(Northampton County)

It's not far fetched that it COULD happen. I certainly think it could, I certainly wouldn't put it passed them. It's far fetched that it IS happening.

All of the manufacturers, all of the suppliers, all of the retailers are saying the same thing - they've already sold us a year worth of gear and ammo in two months. Us, not the government.

If this is a supply issue, then how could they possibly have already sold us a year worth of stuff? Sounds to me like supply is just fine if they could sell us a year worth of stuff in two months. It is a demand issue, 100%.

How could they be back ordered a year? It's not because there's no supply, it's because individuals have bought 1 year worth of stuff and ordered a second year worth of stuff.

You talk about 2008. Consumer demand wasn't a fraction of what it is now in 2008. In 2008, nobody was talking about banning guns and ammo. It was just speculation. Now, they ARE banning guns and ammo. Demand has NEVER been as high in the US as it has been in the past two months.

I have no doubt Barack and Doucheberg and whomever else will do whatever they can to keep guns and ammo away from us. Including something like this. But the simple fact is what we are seeing has a very simple explanation and everybody in the industry agrees what it is.

(Delaware County)

It's not far fetched that it COULD happen. I certainly think it could, I certainly wouldn't put it passed them. It's far fetched that it IS happening.

All of the manufacturers, all of the suppliers, all of the retailers are saying the same thing - they've already sold us a year worth of gear and ammo in two months. Us, not the government.

If this is a supply issue, then how could they possibly have already sold us a year worth of stuff? Sounds to me like supply is just fine if they could sell us a year worth of stuff in two months. It is a demand issue, 100%.

How could they be back ordered a year? It's not because there's no supply, it's because individuals have bought 1 year worth of stuff and ordered a second year worth of stuff.

You talk about 2008. Consumer demand wasn't a fraction of what it is now in 2008. In 2008, nobody was talking about banning guns and ammo. It was just speculation. Now, they ARE banning guns and ammo. Demand has NEVER been as high in the US as it has been in the past two months.

I have no doubt Barack and Doucheberg and whomever else will do whatever they can to keep guns and ammo away from us. Including something like this. But the simple fact is what we are seeing has a very simple explanation and everybody in the industry agrees what it is.

Selling a years worth of supplies to us? Who is "us"?

If the Bloomberg scenario were correct , the manufacturers wouldn't have any idea they were selling to him.. Do you think he'd call and say "hi, this is mike Bloomberg , could you sell me 1,000,000 rounds of ammo?"... Or do you think it would be just another corporation placing an order?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyVet View Post
    Selling a years worth of supplies to us? Who is "us"?

If the Bloomberg scenario were correct , the manufacturers wouldn't have any idea they were selling to him.. Do you think he'd call and say "hi, this is mike Bloomberg , could you sell me 1,000,000 rounds of ammo?"... Or do you think it would be just another corporation placing an order?
    Call them and ask them. They know whether or not they sold it all 1,000,000 rounds at a time. They are not stupid, they know what is going on in their industry.

Did Bloomberg also break the NICs checks monthly records? Did he pack the gun shows with the longest lines ever? Did he pack Cabelas with more people than they have ever seen, and 4 hour waits for your number to come up at the counter? Is Bloomberg making the phones ring off the hook all day long at all my local gun stores? Are background checks taking hours in PA or weeks in CO because Bloomberg has individuals buying guns by the millions, one at a time?

This has happened before. This time is the worst because the assault on our rights is the broadest and most alarming.

Finally, what are you going to say as things start getting back to normal? Why isn't Bloomberg buying magazines anymore? I can buy mags for pre-panic prices at several places. I certainly couldn't in January. Bloomberg gave up on mags but is keeping it up on ammo?

(Franklin County)

The demand for ammo is at an all time high. Everyone is buying ,including the government. The governments purpose for massive purchases is unknown. We can only speculate on this. At the point we are now ammo is hard to find and when you do find it , it commands a preminum price at some retailers. I made a trip to Ohio 2 weeks ago. A large sporting goods/ gun shop along Interstate 71 had plenty of ammo,cases of 9mm and most anything else you would want with a 2 box limit. Problem was it was twice the price it had been last time I made the trip back in the fall. I didn't need any at that price but I was able to purchase the last 600 large pistol primers they had. Lucky me

(Allegheny County)

Call them and ask them. They know whether or not they sold it all 1,000,000 rounds at a time. They are not stupid, they know what is going on in their industry.

Did Bloomberg also break the NICs checks monthly records? Did he pack the gun shows with the longest lines ever? Did he pack Cabelas with more people than they have ever seen, and 4 hour waits for your number to come up at the counter? Is Bloomberg making the phones ring off the hook all day long at all my local gun stores? Are background checks taking hours in PA or weeks in CO because Bloomberg has individuals buying guns by the millions, one at a time?

This has happened before. This time is the worst because the assault on our rights is the broadest and most alarming.

Finally, what are you going to say as things start getting back to normal? Why isn't Bloomberg buying magazines anymore? I can buy mags for pre-panic prices at several places. I certainly couldn't in January. Bloomberg gave up on mags but is keeping it up on ammo?

Backed up with visual proof.

That line was up to EIGHT PEOPLE ACROSS along the front of the building and FOUR across the rest of the way back. That is NOT a single-file line.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerpa View Post
    Supply < Demand = No Ammo
    I do not buy this. I have spoken to local distributes like Jerry's and they have not been getting normal shipments from the the Factories. It would be one thing if they were getting their normal shipments and just selling because they had a line out the door... this is not the case.

The distributors are not getting the ammo from their suppliers. Given that the factories have profit incentive to make as much ammo as possible and sell it, it seems reasonable that one of two things is happening.

-The Govt is buying it all.
    -The Govt is limiting production and sale to the public.

Its one or the other. The ammo is simply not getting to the retailers.

(Allegheny County)

Sometimes the most basic explanation is too difficult to digest.

This is basic economics. The demand far exceeds the supply. Two things happen. The price goes up, and the supply eventually increases to meet the demand. When the supply exceeds the demand, the price will settle down.

Be patient grasshopper.

Patience.

In the meantime shoot up some of the .22 lr that you hopefully have on hand. Doesn't everybody store at least 10 to 20 bricks of the stuff?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast