Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: No Ammo and WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I heard you did it with his cold dead hands.
    He should have hit it while the hands were still warm.

(Wayne County)

It's out there. Good deals too..... You just have to get tricky and be determined.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyVet View Post
    Federal Anti-Trust laws prohibit, among other things, companies from creating false shortages in order to drive up the price.
    One word........ GAS!
    You can't fix stupid....... So I try to ignore Liberals!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    Did I quote any one person? I'm making fun of the entire thread because it doesn't take an economist, or even a chimp for that matter, to figure out why there's an ammo shortage.

Maybe we can tackle the burning question as to why AR's or Pmags cost so much next.
    Of course the manufacturers are back-ordered.. But are all the customers really people like us who just want to buy ammo?

Is it such an implausible theory that the supply is being intentionally bought up to retard civilian sales? Particularly since this is a specific tactic that has been suggested by the Anti-gun crowd before...

Here’s one article from Bloomberg.com suggesting he buy the firearms industry to shut it down http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...ushmaster.html . Then there’s the story that Leo Hindry (An Obama supporting liberal billionaire who already acquired G&A and couple of other gun magazines) was trying to buy the Outdoor channel with the intent of shutting down pro-gun media and shows.

So is it so farfetched that the U.S. Government (who just bought 1.4 billion rounds of non-military ammo), or maybe Soros, or Bloomberg, etc. are intentionally buying large quantities of ammo to dry the supply? Let’s not forget that Bloomberg almost completely underwrote AG Kane’s campaign as an anti-gun candidate, so would you be surprised if he was using his money to dry up the ammo supply. Did you forget about the Obama administrations attempt to cut off the supply of expended military shell casings back in 2009?

I’m not suggesting that civilian demand isn’t at an all-time high and I could understand being backordered a month, maybe up to three or four - I’m just hard pressed to believe that the entire ammunition production capacity of the U.S., and every other country that sells to us, has been so overtaxed by the demand that it is between six to twelve months behind.

Finally, why do you have be offensive towards people who are on your own side? I, for one, would love to think that we are such a financial powerhouse that we could (with one scare) drive an industry into production chaos. Let’s hope that in the end, that is the actual reason.

(Lancaster County)

I guess it's a good thing a lot of saw this kind of foolishness coming and stocked up ahead of time. Really sucks to not be paying attention and end up without what you really need.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyVet View Post
    Finally, why do you have be offensive towards people who are on your own side?
    Please accept my apology for quoting just part of your post. I think a sarcastic response is totally appropriate when someone posts things like "I would like some real answers", and "real answers, no BS". Like everyones been making shit up and he's finally going to get this situation straightened out once and for all.

Also, I never said that any of your hypotheses couldn't be viable.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(Allegheny County)

I, for one, find the notion that George Soros, and his anti friends are buying the ammo to be completely retarded.

Government purchasing will surely have an impact although the suggestion that it's being done with the intent to disrupt supply to civilians is debatable.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Yeah. Smart guys with money aren't going to simply buy a bunch of any product they have no intention on using just to warehouse it away to collect dust or destroy it and lose massive amounts of money. They won't remain rich very long flushing money down the toilet like that. I could see them buying up a bunch of ammo cheap and hoarding it to later sell it at a massive profit.

(Allegheny County)

these people dump millions into their politics. bloomberg dump millions to get ag kane elected and most recently into the illinois democratic primaries just to keep gun rights' activists out of politics. these people can easily outpace the collective gun enthusiasts' ammo budgets without hurting their bottom line and risking going to the poor house. it is not far fetched to hypothesize that they are manipulating the market, especially since they can always sell the ammo to their buddies in the government after they get legislation passed.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by panopticonisi View Post
    these people dump millions into their politics. bloomberg dump millions to get ag kane elected and most recently into the illinois democratic primaries just to keep gun rights' activists out of politics. these people can easily outpace the collective gun enthusiasts' ammo budgets without hurting their bottom line and risking going to the poor house. it is not far fetched to hypothesize that they are manipulating the market, especially since they can always sell the ammo to their buddies in the government after they get legislation passed.
    Then why did they stop after 2008-2009? Why didn't they just keep doing it?

Seems silly to do it only for a year or so and then let things go back to normal.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast