Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Wink WHEN WILL THE VACUUM OCCUR?

Some of us old timers have been through the ban scare more times than we would like to recall. What does your experience tell you about the duration of price increases, availability of items etc? Is it a matter of time before the market is flooded with everything the panic buyers bought and never really needed?
    Lets hear from the younger crowd too. You are the experts on current (E-TRADE) market. We are buying,selling and trading among each other and from my experience, we are being very fair and courteous. That says a lot about our culture.(Makes Me Proud)

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: WHEN WILL THE VACUUM OCCUR?

Quote Originally Posted by Gyuri View Post
    we are being very fair and courteous. That says a lot about our culture.(Makes Me Proud)
    I'd like to know where you're shopping I've seen nothing but gouging and people trampling each other for a box of ammo.
    "you cant fight zombies with good intentions"

My Feedback:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/98731-cmr076.html

(Berks County)

Online in forums it's been very nice.

Out in gunshops and general retail from what I have seen is maybe half and half. I don't know if it's new people to the market and/or those who haven't grown up in the gun community, or those who have and are just looking out for number one.

I'ts good I have a war face or I would have been shoved more than I have been.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by cmr076 View Post
    I'd like to know where you're shopping I've seen nothing but gouging and people trampling each other for a box of ammo.
    come on i barely even pushed you

(Berks County)

I think it's starting to die down a bit. I can actually buy ak mags and pistol mags at normal price if needed.

Ammo is another story. Once I can find ammo at Walmart and cabelas I will start feeling a whole lot better.

(Delaware County)

[QUOTE=Gyuri;2325674]Some of us old timers have been through the ban scare more times than we would like to recall. What does your experience tell you about the duration of price increases, availability of items etc? Is it a matter of time before the market is flooded with everything the panic buyers bought and never really needed?
    Lets hear from the younger crowd too. You are the experts on current (E-TRADE) market. We are buying,selling and trading among each other and from my experience, we are being very fair and courteous. That says a lot about our culture.(Makes Me Proud)[/QUOT

Experiencing everything from the GCA of '68 to the latest proposed legislation, I can say that I have never seen anything like this shortage. The proposed 1979 handgun control act, which never passed, targeted short barrel handguns. Smith and Wesson was so certain of its passage that they cut back production on all of their model 36 variations. The bill may have failed on the legislative end, but the shortage of those models remained an issue for 2 or 3 years.

In 1994, slick willy's so called AWB ban targeted approx 19 models of mostly black guns, and plus 10 round magazines. There was a shortage of those type of weapons and devices for the first few years of the AWB's 10 year life. After a few years, it was business as usual. Even the magazines in question were readily available and prices came down. Ammuntion was never an issue over the 40 plus years of my involvement in the shooting sports, until this administration infested the white house. And now over the hysteria of recent proposed legislation that goes well beyond anything as restrictive, the shortages on all fronts are more severe and quite frankly, I do not know when it is going to end. Even when things calm a little bit, I am of the opinion that 2012 will be as much of a landmark year as 1934 and 1968. Things may never return to a pre 2012 gun world environment, at least relative to prices and even supplies. And like other years of restrictive legislation both passed and proposed, the demand for guns/ammo will continue to rise.

(Indiana County)

Prices will come back to normal. But remember that everything is going up in price, so normal will still be slightly higher than before but not this batshit crazy prices.

As long as Walmart and some of the other retailers continue to sell their ammo at normal prices, eventually when supply catches up the others will be forced to do so as well.

If Walmart can still sell a box of Tula 9mm for $9.97, anyone selling it for more is going to eventually lower their prices.

I found a local place that had 250rnd UMC 9mm for $79.95 and I just paid normal price for a G26 as well as a Beretta 92.

It's quite simple, when the panic starts to subside, as in when ever people start running out of money, the prices will come back to normal and then you will start seeing those that went waaaay overboard looking to dump the excess.

I think it will take a while to catch up stock wise, but it will end.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gyuri View Post
    Some of us old timers have been through the ban scare more times than we would like to recall. What does your experience tell you about the duration of price increases, availability of items etc? Is it a matter of time before the market is flooded with everything the panic buyers bought and never really needed?
    Lets hear from the younger crowd too. You are the experts on current (E-TRADE) market. We are buying,selling and trading among each other and from my experience, we are being very fair and courteous. That says a lot about our culture.(Makes Me Proud)
    If anyone could accurately predict the market, and effetively convey that to everyone else, we would not have situations like this. The thing is, there is uncertainty. That means that no one really knows what will happen. As such, your guess is as good as mine.

(Allegheny County)

I'm no expert by any means but I'm going to say it's going to take at least a year, and that's if nothing else happens.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    Prices will come back to normal.

It's quite simple, when the panic starts to subside, as in when ever people start running out of money, the prices will come back to normal and then you will start seeing those that went waaaay overboard looking to dump the excess.

I think it will take a while to catch up stock wise, but it will end.

I think you're right, but this is also assuming nothing else happens in the meantime. If we start coming out of this and there's another Sandy Hook or movie theatre shooting it's going to prolong the agony.
    Will there ever be an "out?"
    Maybe this will be a perpetual hoard-fest due to continual mental malfunctions by morons and $20 for a box of 40 S&W will look awfully good this time next year?

It's a tough call. You want to believe, but you also know there's an overabundance of idiots out there. As time goes on it's really tough to not realize the idiots control us more than what we like. Prices hinge on them moreso than us.
    (Their actions, politician's reactions, then our subsequent reactions to that...)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast