Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: WHEN WILL THE VACUUM OCCUR?

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    This appears to be a symptom of the election of Comrade Obama. It has been going on since 2008 when he first got elected in varying degrees. With all of his proposals to ban, register and confiscate guns along with the confiscation plans by liberal states, the shortages will continue until people wake up and get out to vote. There can be no sitting on your hands or voting for democrats in the 2012 elections if you want preserve your 2nd amendment freedoms. It's much more serious than anytime I've seen since I've been at it which started in the late 70's. They want your guns and it appears they will do anything and everything to get them this time.

California, Illinois, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut are virtual communist states. Oregon, Colorado, Minnesota, are about to fall. New Federal universal background and registration is being debated and bills being drawn up along with assault weapons bans. There will be long term shortages especially ammo until we can gain some kind of upper hand in this politically. We've got to meet the gun grabber's media megaphone with footwork at the voting booth in order to put a stop to their irrational and emotionally driven agenda.
    I absolutely agree. We are at a huge disadvantage politically and as a result totally. What happened in NY recently is a prime example of politicians saying watch this. We are a very large group with strong beliefs. It takes diligence and persistence to defeat these attacks.

(Northampton County)

Smile Re: WHEN WILL THE VACUUM OCCUR?

Quote Originally Posted by forby View Post
    There are lots of people buying ar types, guns and ammo that never shot before. Many of them I suspect will never shoot their guns.

When this is all over, assuming there is no ban, I suspect the market may be flooded with "post ban scare" weapons and ammo. People that bought guns and ammo instead of food or paying their bills will suddenly sell off their stuff.

I anxiously await this day............
    Agreed. History has shown that point to be the best market for the true enthusiasts.Keep a few dollars handy, it will come.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gyuri View Post
    Agreed. History has shown that point to be the best market for the true enthusiasts.Keep a few dollars handy, it will come.
    Unfortunately, history has shown that wonderful stuff didn't happen over the last five years as the last scare wore down.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Unfortunately, history has shown that wonderful stuff didn't happen over the last five years as the last scare wore down.
    I guess it depends on the area you are in.

West Side of river from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Just to prove my point from a previous post here......

I met a guy who was working retail that noticed my Glock pullover. He said he bought a gun a few months back. I asked what he bought?

Clerk: XD

Me: What caliber?

Clerk: Not really sure.

Ok then..............

I'm saving my money for the great sell off.
    With great power comes great responsibility....

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gyuri View Post
    Some of us old timers have been through the ban scare more times than we would like to recall. What does your experience tell you about the duration of price increases, availability of items etc? Is it a matter of time before the market is flooded with everything the panic buyers bought and never really needed?
    Lets hear from the younger crowd too. You are the experts on current (E-TRADE) market. We are buying,selling and trading among each other and from my experience, we are being very fair and courteous. That says a lot about our culture.(Makes Me Proud)
    Depends what Congress does. I think THIS time we will be alright. Better get our dander up and in to the voting booth though. If only everybody who was snapping up outrageously priced semi-autos and stockpiling ammo would vote we'd be OK.

(Blair County)

I honestly think youll see one more push. This will either come from tax returns and people buying what they didnt have money for before or one more push at the political level. So I see stuff returning in by fall, but prices wont sablize for at least a year or so.
    However even as I look now things are coming back in stock for more than five minutes. I get emails daily of stuff that has come back in stock. These arent great items but none the less they have them. example: aim had or has arsenals in stock and didnt sell out in five minutes of sending out the email.
    Local gun shops do have some ammo coming through and I have seen it on shelves.

West of the mountains, south of the lake, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I know several would-be gun owners who have not been able to find the specific firearm they wish to purchase. A few are looking for semiauto rifles of the AR/AK type, others are looking for a Glock or M&P. These items are still not easy to find at this point, so there is still likely some pent up demand. Once they find their chosen firearms and purchase them, they too will be looking to buy ammo.

(Berks County)

GYURI I've tried sending you a few private messages for your 460 Rowland but your inbox is full. Thanks!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by shtf45acp View Post
    GYURI I've tried sending you a few private messages for your 460 Rowland but your inbox is full. Thanks!
    It's probably been full since 2013.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast