Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: WHEN WILL THE VACUUM OCCUR?

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
    I think you're right, but this is also assuming nothing else happens in the meantime. If we start coming out of this and there's another Sandy Hook or movie theatre shooting it's going to prolong the agony.
    Will there ever be an "out?"
    Maybe this will be a perpetual hoard-fest due to continual mental malfunctions by morons and $20 for a box of 40 S&W will look awfully good this time next year?

It's a tough call. You want to believe, but you also know there's an overabundance of idiots out there. As time goes on it's really tough to not realize the idiots control us more than what we like. Prices hinge on them moreso than us.
    (Their actions, politician's reactions, then our subsequent reactions to that...)
    The term "hoarding" has a bad connotation - stockpiling things you don't really need. But these events have shown a lot of people that it's wise to have a supply of ammo for such situations - they can't rely on picking up a few boxes of ammo whenever they go to the range. It's going to take a good while until everyone gets stocked up to an amount that they feel comfortable with.

(Chester County)

This appears to be a symptom of the election of Comrade Obama. It has been going on since 2008 when he first got elected in varying degrees. With all of his proposals to ban, register and confiscate guns along with the confiscation plans by liberal states, the shortages will continue until people wake up and get out to vote. There can be no sitting on your hands or voting for democrats in the 2014 elections if you want preserve your 2nd amendment freedoms. It's much more serious than anytime I've seen since I've been at it which started in the late 70's. They want your guns and it appears they will do anything and everything to get them this time.

California, Illinois, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut are virtual communist states. Oregon, Colorado, Minnesota, are about to fall. New Federal universal background and registration is being debated and bills being drawn up along with assault weapons bans. There will be long term shortages especially ammo until we can gain some kind of upper hand in this politically. We've got to meet the gun grabber's media megaphone with footwork at the voting booth in order to put a stop to their irrational and emotionally driven agenda.
    Last edited by JenniferG; March 9th, 2013 at 05:41 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by billy870m9 View Post

Ammo is another story. Once I can find ammo at Walmart and cabelas I will start feeling a whole lot better.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^This ....
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by billy870m9 View Post

Ammo is another story. Once I can find ammo at Walmart and cabelas I will start feeling a whole lot better.
    This is my feeling as well.

West Side of river from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

There are lots of people buying ar types, guns and ammo that never shot before. Many of them I suspect will never shoot their guns.

When this is all over, assuming there is no ban, I suspect the market may be flooded with "post ban scare" weapons and ammo. People that bought guns and ammo instead of food or paying their bills will suddenly sell off their stuff.

I anxiously await this day............
    With great power comes great responsibility....

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    This appears to be a symptom of the election of Comrade Obama. It has been going on since 2008 when he first got elected in varying degrees. With all of his proposals to ban, register and confiscate guns along with the confiscation plans by liberal states, the shortages will continue until people wake up and get out to vote. There can be no sitting on your hands or voting for democrats in the 2012 elections if you want preserve your 2nd amendment freedoms. It's much more serious than anytime I've seen since I've been at it which started in the late 70's. They want your guns and it appears they will do anything and everything to get them this time.

California, Illinois, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut are virtual communist states. Oregon, Colorado, Minnesota, are about to fall. New Federal universal background and registration is being debated and bills being drawn up along with assault weapons bans. There will be long term shortages especially ammo until we can gain some kind of upper hand in this politically. We've got to meet the gun grabber's media megaphone with footwork at the voting booth in order to put a stop to their irrational and emotionally driven agenda.

Bingo we have a winner ! Ya want normal?? Then concentrate all your energy getting DEMONAZIS out of power.... Everywhere!!!!!
    They have literally destroyed this country and the long term effects are going to be CRUSHING.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Northampton County)

Same thing happened in 2007/2008, but this is even worse.

Things will get better but it will be gradual. It will be 3 years before everything is available all the time at near pre-scare prices.

Ammo is always one of the toughest. If you buy 4 boxes at a time at Walmart, you see things improve slowly starting soon but it won't be available 24/7 for nearly two years. See the Walmart ammo thread for a historical perspective:

http://forum.pafoa.org/ammunition-re...mo-thread.html

Keep in mind - that scare started 2007/2008, and that thread wasn't even started until April 2009.

If you buy service calibers (9mm/7.62x51/.45/5.56) cheaper than Walmart and in larger quantities then you probably won't find prices to your liking in 2013. You might buy once in 2014. You'll be happy mid-2015. Same thing with low production high-demand AR parts, etc.

For me, at least, the difference between the past gun ban 'panics' and this one is that, while it definitely felt like they were coming for our guns before, it never really felt like they were coming for us. Dear Leader has a lot of people feeling like the country itself(in terms of the American way of life) is at stake, and U.S. drone policies, ginormous ammo purchases by .gov, federal drills in our cities, and MRAPs feed further into that feeling. People are buying guns because they're afraid they'll be outlawed, but people are stockpiling ammo, I think, because they feel .gov may be preparting to move against them in some fashion. I admit it's possible my tin hat is on too tight(I hope that's the case), but it may be that people are prepping to defend themselves, and if that's the case then the ammo shortages may be a longer term issue than we've ever seen in the past.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    For me, at least, the difference between the past gun ban 'panics' and this one is that, while it definitely felt like they were coming for our guns before, it never really felt like they were coming for us. Dear Leader has a lot of people feeling like the country itself(in terms of the American way of life) is at stake, and U.S. drone policies, ginormous ammo purchases by .gov, federal drills in our cities, and MRAPs feed further into that feeling. People are buying guns because they're afraid they'll be outlawed, but people are stockpiling ammo, I think, because they feel .gov may be preparting to move against them in some fashion. I admit it's possible my tin hat is on too tight(I hope that's the case), but it may be that people are prepping to defend themselves, and if that's the case then the ammo shortages may be a longer term issue than we've ever seen in the past.
    They are not buying ammo, drones, and MRAPs for Arabs in suicide bomb vests, they are buying them for us. That is without question.

Their intentions, or plans, if any at all, are up for debate. But any speculation about it does not in any way cast any doubt on the basic fact that they are buying and deploying this shit to use on us. And, even if their intentions are benign, that is still entirely unacceptable.

So don't anybody let them use public speculation about their intentions as justification to criticize or marginalize any concerns about they are actually doing right in front of us. It doesn't take tin foil to be concerned about what you are seeing with your eyes. Your government is mustering an Army against you.
    Last edited by ungawa; March 8th, 2013 at 09:30 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Last time prices eased after a year or so. Eventually people run out of money trying to hoard as much as they can.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast