Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Child freindly ranges

Sorry I did do a search first... I am a former member of Leesport gun club. We went to take the kids out to have a lesson on .22's and were told to leave because children are prohibited. (specifically the sign said it, and it didn't.. anyway...) What are some of the local ranges that take pride in teaching the next generation safe gun handling and practice? Ages (as if it should matter) are 4, 6 and 13.

Thanks in advance!

(Berks County)

Default Re: Child freindly ranges

Quote Originally Posted by dregan View Post
    Sorry I did do a search first... I am a former member of Leesport gun club. We went to take the kids out to have a lesson on .22's and were told to leave because children are prohibited. (specifically the sign said it, and it didn't.. anyway...) What are some of the local ranges that take pride in teaching the next generation safe gun handling and practice? Ages (as if it should matter) are 4, 6 and 13.

Thanks in advance!
    Topton, Fleetwood, Mohnton, Perrytownship in berks.
    Penn dutch, New Holland, Ontelaunne just to name few are kid friendly.
    Matt

(Berks County)

Lebanon Valley has hinter education classes for kids so I would assume they are.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Berks County)

Mohnton would be ideal, 10 mins away at the most. I will have to look into membership requirements/fees. Thank you!

(Berks County)

LVSA is in Wernersville if that helps.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Berks County)

Heidelberg sportsmans assn in schaefferstown has a rimfire shoot that is very youth friendly!

There isn't much advertised about the shoot but it is held the first Saturday of each month starting in April.

It's a shoot for all ages and experience levels. (as long as your safe with a firearm)

(Berks County)

Dregan

I'm a member of Northern Chester County Sportsman Club. We're a very friendly family club. The club hosts the NRA Appleseed program, various kid friendly events and a host of other activities.

Indoor shoots on Wednesday nights, Trapshoots on Thursday when the weather breaks, Ballon shoots the first Sunday of the month. Our meetings are the First Monday of each month. If ya like send me a pm and I'll give ya the dime tour on a weekend.

TDSjr

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by dregan View Post

Thanks in advance!
    Check out this poster that was sent to me from Penn-Dutch Sportsmen's Club.

http://forum.pafoa.org/attachment.ph...1&d=1366418858

(Berks County)

Next Trap shoot is May 19th. 12-5PM. $5 for 25 birds. Contact Clyde for more info.

Here's the email that came with the two attachments for Penn Dutch:

Members,
    Just a reminder about the events planned for this weekend. The first event is the annual Penn-Dutch Sportsmen’s Fishing Derby. The derby will be this Saturday April 13th at Nolt’s pond in New Holland from 8:00 am until noon. The derby is for kids up to and including 12 years old. The second is the first Trap Shoot for this year. The Trap Shoot is Sunday April 14th from noon until 5:00 pm. and is a lot of fun. We have youth size shotguns so bring the kids. As with all Penn-Dutch events, the Fishing Derby and Trap Shoot are open to the public so bring your friends and neighbors. If you have some time, we could use your help at these events. Just stop by and we will let you know how you can help. Please check out the attached Flyers for more details.
    Clyde
    huntsman AT frontiernet DOT net