Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Jews and gun control

So after years of being asked by my non Jewish friends why ,of all people, Jews by and large are in favor of strict gun control,i've decided to ask my fellow mostly non Jewish gun advocates their opinion.With maybe one or two exeptions,I'm the only pro gun conservative among my family and Jewish friends.For the life of me I can't figure out why the most persecuted people in history would be so against possessing the means to defend ourselve's.How many more millions have to be led like sheep to the slaughter before we figure this out?My fellow Jews in Israel have learned,but the the Jews in this country(my family included) just don't get it.And every time I here a Jew say "it can't happen here" I just want to lose it,for a group of people that are supposed to be so smart,we as a people are completely idiotic when it comes to learning from our own history.I look forward to your responses,because frankly, I give up trying to explain it.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Jews and gun control

This is one of the most thorough article on the subject I've read, and by those who are very intimate with the culture and religion. Spend some time reading and re-reading that article, you will find it extremely insightful.

http://jpfo.org/articles-assd02/why-jews-hate-guns.htm

I have many Jewish friends, both from/living in Israel and those who live here from various areas of the former Soviet Union as well as Israel. Their attitude toward guns vary greatly, from utterly anti-gun to completely fundamental. I can't really pinpoint the reason, some have to do with where they live, some have to do with past experience, and a lot has to do with being JINO (addressed in the article above).

Another thing that tend to be completely misconceived here is that Israel has a strong support gun right. It's very far from it. Right to bear arms as non-military, non-security is severely restricted, especially after the assassination of Rabin.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Chester County)

thanks for the link!,That was a great read

(Chester County)

Mainly because just like most catholics, protestants, etc, they aren't really jews. They are all liberals. Leftism is a religion and they will follow what ever their leftist leaders tell them. All the real jews i know would rather die then give up their weapons.
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

Heres one of my favs by a Jewish Woman Julia Gorin:
    http://www.jewishworldreview.com/julia/gorin030802.asp
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Lehigh County)

i'm in the same boat as you sprint, and it's all "Fercockt", that much is for sure!

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

I've been told by more than one Jew, "If there weren't guns, the Nazis couldn't have done what they did." They ignore the fact that before firearms, oppressors used swords and clubs.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cookster View Post
    i'm in the same boat as you sprint, and it's all "Fercockt", that much is for sure!
    now that's funny!Haven't heard that term in years,but it's very fitting ,thanks for the laugh

(Pike County)

My best friend from the city is Jewish and loves firearms. His parents (Came from Russia decades ago) seem to be against them. I come from a Catholic family and my mother is terrified of them but I am not nor is my grandfather or father. It's my opinion that the whiny Liberals that identify themselves as Catholic, Jews, etc have much louder voices than most firearm owners. Most gun owners from my experience aren't as vocal as our Liberal enemies.
    Last edited by LifeInPa; March 7th, 2013 at 01:56 PM.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    My best friend from the city is Jewish and loves firearms. His parents (Came from Russia decades ago) seem to be against them. I come from a Catholic family and my mother is terrified of them but I am not nor is my grandfather or father. It's my opinion that the whiny Liberals that identify themselves as Catholic, Jews, etc have much louder voices than most firearm owners. Most gun owners from my experience aren't as vocal as our Liberal enemies.
    Which is a lucky coincidence, because I want the cool-headed people armed!
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast