Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Poconos meet/greet/SHOOT May 4th 2013

So ladys and Gents its official.

Poconos area meet-greet-SHOOT-lunch, Sponsored by The Matamoras Rod And Gun Club. Saturday, May 4th 2013 from 10AM to 3PM
    ALL PAFOA members are invited to attend the event.
    A donation of $20 per adult will be required to cover expenses and supplies for the event. Children under 12 Will be free...Bring the family, see whos the better shot. Bring the friends as well, lets make this A nice BIG, SAFE and FUN event.

Directions---
    This will be posted very soon, just need to check some mileage from certian land marks...lol, sorry.

Day of the event....
    first off for part of the day we will NOT be able to use the 50yd range. There is also a CMP event going on the same day. But after they are done we can use it. I also will encourage you to partake in the CMP event as well. It is a seperate event, it does have its own fee.

Here are my thoughts/events list.
    1- I will talk to a few of the clubs "Cowboy Action" shooters. I will ask them to set up a sample stage from one of the events. They will do a demo, and maybe some folks can give it a whirl. Basically think of it as a old school 3 gun match. This would be ONE stage for demo/time reasons. But you would see it first hand, and its cool as all heck to watch.----The club holds a monthly OPEN to the public SASS match monthly...
    2- I will also ask some of the "Action Pistol" shooters to ALSO set up ONE stage of Action pistol. it is Like IDPA, but slightly differant, can give details the day of event. Bring AMMO, run the one stage to try it out. Max of 22 rounds needed.
    3- I am also going to speak with the Gent who does our JR/SR trap shoot. He is a instructor as well. I will attempt to set up a spot to let folks try Trap shooting. Please understand this will be a ONE position , not 5. This will let folks try trap shooting without being put into a competition. Basically a single thrower, and you almost like practice.This is also a GREAT intro for kids...
    4- CMP, The clubs CMP match (.22lr) will be there. I will double check with them to see if they will stick around to answer questions as well.
    5- There will be some NRA instructors there that also hold NRA classes. They can explain what classes they have comming up as well
    6- reserved
    7-reserved too...

Grub/lunch....
    I am planning on Burgers and Dogs, salad soft drinks and some deserts. This will be to make for a good lunch for all. But also a easy to cook/prep meal with easy clean up. if there is something you would like as well mention it and we can go from there.

Ranges---
    We have a 25 yd, a 50yd, and a 100 yard. There will be some designated range officers at each area. The 50 yard will be closed off during the time of the CMP match. But after we can then use the 50. We are in the process of building a 200yd range. But the firing line for that will be used for the trap demo.

***********RULES **************
    All the normal firearms safety rules AND laws apply!
    Drive slow on club property, and obey all posted speed limits on roads leading to the club. We respect our neighbors and their children, so please be respectful of them as well.
    Unfortunatly, NO full auto, or exploding targets. SBR/SBS/DD are OK, Just make sure you have a copy of tax/stamp papers as well. I dont want to see them, but you have to keep a copy with the firearm.

Restroom facilitys- We are in the process of building restrooms. So as of this moment there are porta-pottys.

There will be more to come, Just to darn tired to keep the fingers typin right now.
    There is going to be a sign up list, I need to know how many folks I am going to need to feed. Donation fee to be paid at the time of arrival.But please if you sign up or change your mind. PLEASE let me know a week in advance, I dont want to have a ton of food left over.

See you all there.

Snert...

(Pike County)

Default Re: Poconos meet/greet/SHOOT May 4th 2013

1- Snert +3
    2- Cliffb +14
    3- Repo canceled
    4- Quacked +1
    5- LifeInPa +1
    6- AirportFF
    7- Amstel78 canceled
    8- CharlieB +2
    9- Bobdole10 +1
    10- Patrickallen +3
    11- NathanB +1
    Last edited by Snert; May 3rd, 2013 at 09:09 PM. Reason: update guest list.

(Pike County)

Held for additional details..

ADDITIONAL DETAILS-----
    Directions

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&gl...,Matamoras,+PA

GPS info-
    N 41deg 23'26.9" by W 074deg 46'41.0"

There will be a brief safety meeting at the start of the event.

<<<<<<<<<Some more info>>>>>>>>

Upon arrival, there is only one way in to the club. You will have to Sign in and $20 donation per person will be collected . kids under 12 are free, but must be listed as well as being at the event.

There will be a brief safety meeting at the start.

UNCASED firearms are fine, but must be clear and have a open chamber while being transported from car to range.
    Only handle firearms on the RANGE, not in parking area.
    Your CC/OC firearm is allowed to be carried loaded with safety engaged, and stays holstered except for on the range.

Lunch will consist of burgers and dogs from the bbq grill. there will be mac/potato/ salads and some slaw and beverages. We will break at about 12:00 for lunch, then start back up at about 1:00 for more shooting fun.
    Last edited by Snert; May 2nd, 2013 at 09:35 PM.

(Pike County)

1- Snert +3
    2- CliffB +1

3- Repo +?

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Pike County)

Jim +1

Looking forward to the GTG.

(Lackawanna County)

I'd love to see the Cowboy Action stage, always liked watching the videos of them. I'm a maybe at this point.

(Monroe County)

Very interested in joining the fun but I am not 100% sure I understand this line

"SBR/SBS/DD are OK, Just make sure you have a copy of tax/stamp papers as well. I dont want to see them, but you have to keep a copy with the firearm. " Maybe some details can help me out.

Thanks Jeremy

(Lackawanna County)

means if you are bringing class 3 toys you need to have the paperwork showing they are legal.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdole10 View Post
    Very interested in joining the fun but I am not 100% sure I understand this line

"SBR/SBS/DD are OK, Just make sure you have a copy of tax/stamp papers as well. I dont want to see them, but you have to keep a copy with the firearm. " Maybe some details can help me out.

Thanks Jeremy
    You can bring them SBR/SBS/DD, I am NOT going to ask to see the BATFA papers. But by law you must have the papers/stamp with the firearm. So if you can produce the papers if need be to prove the item to be registered.

Snert..

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast