Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Default Re: Poconos meet/greet/SHOOT May 4th 2013

Thank you very much Snert for setting this up and to all great folks at Matamoras R&G for generously sharing the range and taking the time to introduce us to some new shooting (and more reasons to go shopping!)

Matamoras is a great facility and offers some great matches.

Thanks!

Tom

(Pike County)

I am happy that I joined the event, me and my friend had a great time. Thank you Jim for your hospitality. The food was great and we really enjoyed the cowboy shooting event. I especially appreciate the staff providing my friend help in understanding the manually operated firearms. I got to meet a forum member or two and Brent was extremely helpful when I managed to get a round stuck between the magazine and chamber of my Mosin Nagant. I look forward to future events like this.

Lastly, like Nathan me and my buddy got burnt by the sun. I got it really bad on the back of my neck. Nice weather other than that, I will bring sunblock next time. Thankfully my Boonie Hat saved me from widespread sunburn.
    Last edited by LifeInPa; May 5th, 2013 at 06:40 PM.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Quote Originally Posted by AirportFF View Post
    Had a great time today. Thanks for setting the whole thing up for us. And thanks to the club for letting us use the facility. I know my son and I appreciated it.
    3 Shots with your Mosin.... sholder is still sore this am!

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by nuccx2001 View Post
    3 Shots with your Mosin.... sholder is still sore this am!
    Haha mine too. But it's sooooo damn cool. If I manage to get up to the Rt 6 range at dusk I'll get video of the fireball.

(Pike County)

Well folks this one goes down in the history books...And sorry to say but folks who missed it, you really missed a good time. The morning events idpa/cowboy , well lets just say a few folks got the bug.....
    This made us run a bit into a later day, some folks had to head out after lunch and missed the open shoot.

We got a few hours of open range on the 25, 50 and 100 yard. AirportFF bought his fire breathing Mosin with him. NathanB bought a few AR's the SASS was nice....And his friend nuccx2001, runnin his 700 down the range as well.

SPECIAL NOTE>>>
    nuccx2001, sir it is time for you to move to PA...leave the liberal fart tart commie state of NY....

SO the gears are turning for the next event.

Special thanks to the clubs members who helped.

Peter B- the PA & FL IDPA revolver champion for running a IDPA like stage for us to enjoy...And get e few HOOKED on the sport.

Sal P. & George S- for the Cowboy stage, I had to go start cooking so I missed that part of the day. But from talk up at the clubhouse, a few folks were very impressed, and are looking in to the sport now as well.

Brent D- Helping keep the ranges safe and sound, and helping a few shooters. Some quick Gunsmithin help was greatly appreciated by a few guests in need of it.

Seth D- Lets just say a bit of the folks were impressed with your shooting abilitys for a 14yr old. Your folks are doing a fine job with you keep up the good work.

Greg F- THE GRILL MASTER, holy water/blesser...sorry folks inside joke.. But Greg thank you for helping with the cooking.

To my Kids Katelyn and James, Thank you very much for helping out all together. You guys ran like little gophers for me and the folks there. You helped with the food and keeping the food moving to serve folks.

Thank you to ALL who attended, Safety was priority and so was respect for the range and club property. Everyone cleaned up and helped take down the shooting stages. Again thank you and it was great to see alot of faces from the past, and to meet the new shooters to the area as well.

If all goes well the next one will be even better, SO start stocking up the AMMO!!! the gears are in motion.....

Snert..

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567