I saw a couple of threads about this but all were a few years old. In case something has changed with production, I figured a new thread wouldn't hurt.

I know... if it is not broken, don't fix it... But, I came across a pretty good deal for a Lonewolf stainless steel guide rod assembly at a gun show and picked it up just to see what everyone likes about them. I put it in my Gen 3 23 which only had about 100 rounds through it without a single issue. Took it to the range this past weekend and had 5 or 6 failure to ejects over about 150 rounds. The ONLY change I have made is aftermarket guide rod assembly. I immediately put the stock polymer assembly back in after cleaning the gun - but I haven't had a chance to take it back out to the range to ensure that that was indeed the cause of my issue.

Looking back, it was a pointless purchase. Nothing is wrong with the stock assembly and if it didn't work properly, Glock wouldn't be installing them in their guns. More than anything, I got in the mood to do some tinkering - shame on me.

So, has anyone had a similar issue? I'm doubtful, but was wondering if there is a break in period for these assemblies? If so, I would have thought 150 rounds would suffice. Just debating if I should shoot some more with it or send it back to Lonewolf...