Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: shipping laws

(Allegheny County)

Default shipping laws

Does one have to ship a firearm to a ffl/c&r holder via a ffl/c&r holder in PA or can one just ship to a holder in PA? I know a firearm must be shipped to a holder.

You must ship to an FFL. But you don't have to ship from an FFL. You can ship it yourself but be prepared for big cost. It must go overnight Fex Ex and declaired a firearm. Be prepared to pay about $50-60 to ship it.. If you can get an FFL to ship ut because they can ship it priority and it cost a whole lot less.

Frank
    Beretta 8000f Inox, S&W 686 6", Armscor 1911A1, Beretta 92fs, Alchemy Spectre, S&W 22A 7" fluted, Taurus Tracker .17HMR, Firestorm ultra compact 9mm.. All stainless

http://tinyurl.com/7zoma

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinGN
    You must ship to an FFL. But you don't have to ship from an FFL. You can ship it yourself but be prepared for big cost. It must go overnight Fex Ex and declaired a firearm. Be prepared to pay about $50-60 to ship it.. If you can get an FFL to ship ut because they can ship it priority and it cost a whole lot less.

Frank
    Thats what I thought thanks for clearing it up

(Luzerne County)

You do NOT need to ship to an FFL if the shipment is intra-state (PA to PA)
    Only inter-state shipments need to go to an FFL. (PA to another state)
    UPS will still ship long guns non-express (AKA: Ground) and the USPS is also fine for long guns. Signature and insurance would be an obvious requirement. Fed-Ex has rediculous policies concerning firearms having to go express. UPS requires that handguns go express. You can not ship a handgun through the USPS as a non-licencee/officail use officer, etc, only long guns.
    Hope this helps.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot
    You do NOT need to ship to an FFL if the shipment is intra-state (PA to PA)
    Only inter-state shipments need to go to an FFL. (PA to another state)
    UPS will still ship long guns non-express (AKA: Ground) and the USPS is also fine for long guns. Signature and insurance would be an obvious requirement. Fed-Ex has rediculous policies concerning firearms having to go express. UPS requires that handguns go express. You can not ship a handgun through the USPS as a non-licencee/officail use officer, etc, only long guns.
    Hope this helps.

thanks, that what I needed to know