Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default The Wonderful Route 6 Range - Revisited

Here we go again... Note the shotgun hulls by the targets. Wonder how they got there....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike V
    NRA Life/Endowment Member
    Better people be distressed by my freedom than my oppression

(Pike County)

Default Re: The Wonderful Route 6 Range - Revisited

Still hasn't been fixed. Was up there today with the Mosin. I did manage to meet one of the maintenance guys He said if anyone sees someone doing something stupid (shooting up the stands, using shot-shells, etc) call this number 570-675-1143. It's the PGC office in Dallas, Pa. They will send the PSP over to chase the idiots out. If possible get a license plate number if they leave and they will send a summons in the mail. Cell phone pics are helpful also.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by AirportFF View Post
    Still hasn't been fixed. Was up there today with the Mosin. I did manage to meet one of the maintenance guys He said if anyone sees someone doing something stupid (shooting up the stands, using shot-shells, etc) call this number 570-675-1143. It's the PGC office in Dallas, Pa. They will send the PSP over to chase the idiots out. If possible get a license plate number if they leave and they will send a summons in the mail. Cell phone pics are helpful also.
    Thats excellent information, thanks so much. Thanks for looking our for our range!
    Mike V

(Pike County)

I was just trying to dislocate my should..... ummmm, dial in my scope....

(Lackawanna County)

Great info, but does the PGC office in Dallas own some type of magical supersonic transportation to get there with any speed to actually catch anyone?

Here is my suggested solution...
    1) More frequent patrols. It seems as if the PGC is always at the range in Tobyhanna. There seems to be much less damage there. Additionally, Tobyhanna has a huge number of young, non-homegrown Pennsylvanians (if you get my drift - while not blaming any subgroup of shooters, I doubt the damage at the Route 6 range is caused by people who have ever hunted in PA with their grandfather ).
    2) The PGC should build benches at the pistol range. The current range set-up is something out of the "finding a place in stripping with a good backstop for shooting" mentality. The set up is such that shooters can walk right up on the targets.
    3) Get rid of the particle board...just use the pleather/vinyl to hand targets. I think pellet holes in this medium are less impressive than blowing holes in wood. After all, I doubt those who are damaging the range are into actually practicing with their firearms...more likely "impressed" with seeing splinters fly.

Just my thoughts.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    Great info, but does the PGC office in Dallas own some type of magical supersonic transportation to get there with any speed to actually catch anyone?

1) More frequent patrols. It seems as if the PGC is always at the range in Tobyhanna. There seems to be much less damage there. Additionally, Tobyhanna has a huge number of young, non-homegrown Pennsylvanians (if you get my drift - while not blaming any subgroup of shooters, I doubt the damage at the Route 6 range is caused by people who have ever hunted in PA with their grandfather ).
    2) The PGC should build benches at the pistol range. The current range set-up is something out of the "finding a place in stripping with a good backstop for shooting" mentality. The set up is such that shooters can walk right up on the targets.
    3) Get rid of the particle board...just use the pleather/vinyl to hand targets. I think pellet holes in this medium are less impressive than blowing holes in wood. After all, I doubt those who are damaging the range are into actually practicing with their firearms...more likely "impressed" with seeing splinters fly.

Just my thoughts.

I think my post stated that they will contact the PSP to go to the range....

Yup, it did.

(Pike County)

Just my thoughts.
    Good suggestions, however, it was stated that The Game Commission would be dispatching the PA State Police to the range.
    Mike V

(Pike County)

I think my post stated that they will contact the PSP to go to the range....

Yup, it did.
    Hey Hey Hey you're working my side of the street. Im the ornery obnoxious one!
    Mike V

(Pike County)

3) Get rid of the particle board...just use the pleather/vinyl to hand targets. I think pellet holes in this medium are less impressive than blowing holes in wood.

What particle board?

(Lackawanna County)

the closest barracks is not that far away. I believe its an exit or two at most.

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast