Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Average prices on .22lr ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Seems like I ticked people off with commenting on Dicks. Sorry, but I like that store. Beats Sports Authority, who got rid of all things gun related.

If it was the cheap Rem ammo you don't like, well that's another story. But some people don't mind it for plinking.

If there is a reason Dicks should be on a no shop list, please enlighten me (anti gun, pro anything Rosie O'Donnell, etc).
    I'm getting the popcorn, be right back.

that rem/ plated hollow point can suck sea horse shit through a straw.

Good in single/bolt actions but I've never seen so many FTF's in my life using multiple semis' .

front end usually so soft it splits on the feed ramps.

Friend's don't let friends buy from Dicks.

I know a place where there's close to 3000 of this POS ammo laying in a ditch, hopefully completely corroded .
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    that rem/ plated hollow point can suck sea horse shit through a straw.

Good in single/bolt actions but I've never seen so many FTF's in my life using multiple semis' .

front end usually so soft it splits on the feed ramps.

I know a place where there's close to 3000 of this POS ammo laying in a ditch, hopefully completely corroded .
    Believe it or not the Remington GB runs like a top in my AA Glock conversion kits. It also ran good in my Ruger MK II and 10/22 which I no longer own.

(Allegheny County)

Seems like I ticked people off with commenting on Dicks. Sorry, but I like that store. Beats Sports Authority, who got rid of all things gun related.

If it was the cheap Rem ammo you don't like, well that's another story. But some people don't mind it for plinking.

If there is a reason Dicks should be on a no shop list, please enlighten me (anti gun, pro anything Rosie O'Donnell, etc).

I really don't have the energy to do this right so pardon teh condensed version...

After Sandy Hook, Dick's Sporting Goods ganked ALL "evil black rifles" off the shelves after the anti-gun soccer moms complained that they were selling the machine guns used to kill little school children. Dick's didn't hesitate - GONE! POOF!!! Overnight they were ALL removed from the racks and replaced by more appropriate rifles and shotguns made of wood and steel for hunting deer and wabbits.

Dick's equated us AR owners to criminals - to baby killers. Fuck them for doing what they did and for standing with those who would have us all disarmed.

On top of THAT (as if that were not ENOUGH reason to stop throwing money at them) they had a contract with a rifle manufacturer to sell their AR15 rifles at a REALLY low price as a holiday special and thousands of people who had either paid in full while waiting for them, or had money down were told that Dick's would NOT deliver those rifles now - paid for, or not!!!
    All those people were now looking at having to spend upwards of $2,000 for a $600 rifle if they wanted one because the panic had set in and rifle prices EVERYWHERE went through the roof.

Dick's gave them their money back and sent them on their way. No more evil guns at Dick's!!!

What happened to all those rifles that they refused to deliver to people who bought them you ask? Dick's opened a new store called "Field & Stream" and the motherfucking pieces of shit put the same fucking rifles out for sale THERE.

Fuck Dick's Sporting Goods and Field and Stream with a rusty post hole digger.

Now you know.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

Wow, anger management classes not working lol. Walmart did the same. Now they are back on the shelves. While I understand emotion affecting where purchases are made, if I only shopped at places that are 100% in sync with my beliefs, I would be limited to shopping at Just Jeff Inc. And even then it could be sketchy sometimes.

Who is pro abortion, who is anti. Who is pro gay, who is anti. Who is pro baby seals getting clubbed to death, who is anti. My head is spinning. All I want is a reasonably priced pair of sneakers for Christ's sake! But yes, if a company is anti gun, I will avoid it.

(Berks County)

Fortunately I have few principles. ;-).
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Allegheny County)

Wow, anger management classes not working lol. Walmart did the same. Now they are back on the shelves. While I understand emotion affecting where purchases are made, if I only shopped at places that are 100% in sync with my beliefs, I would be limited to shopping at Just Jeff Inc. And even then it could be sketchy sometimes.

Who is pro abortion, who is anti. Who is pro gay, who is anti. Who is pro baby seals getting clubbed to death, who is anti. My head is spinning. All I want is a reasonably priced pair of sneakers for Christ's sake! But yes, if a company is anti gun, I will avoid it.
    I understand, but I think what they did smacks us all in the face a bit more than just a difference in "beliefs".

And I'm pretty sure that Wmart didn't do "the same thing".

Fuck Dick's Sporting Goods with a broken T-ball bat.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Northampton County)

Walmart sold you a rifle for $800, as a Christmas promotion, then refused to deliver it right before Christmas, and sold your rifle to someone else for $1800 a few months later at a different store?

No they didn't. They did no such thing. Dick's did this to hundreds or thousands of people. They also violated their contract with the manufacturer. The only people they didn't fuck was Obama and Bloomberg.

Nobody bent over backwards to publicly pander to the gun control groups like Dick's did, they sold us out. Not to mention personally dicking people and their suppliers.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I'm just trying to be crystal clear how badly these scumbags treated us. And it wasn't discrete, either, they took all the credit they could for fucking us.
    Last edited by ungawa; March 24th, 2015 at 09:51 AM.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I understand, but I think what they did smacks us all in the face a bit more than just a difference in "beliefs".

And I'm pretty sure that Wmart didn't do "the same thing".

Fuck Dick's Sporting Goods with a broken T-ball bat.
    Sideways.

(Lycoming County)

The only time during the last panic that the Wal-Marts local to me didn't have black rifles on there shelves was when they sold out of them, just like everyone else. They never cancelled orders or pulled them off the shelf like dicks. Dicks lived up to their name and sold us out to pander to the"soccer mom" set. They figured pissing on gun owners was better for their bottom line than upsetting any of the demanding moms that buy over priced sneakers and under armour gear for their entitled little brats on a regular basis. If you want to support a company like that then that's on you. You won't get much agreement from most here. Personally I don't care if they give .22 away I won't set foot in one. There are plenty of other places that support 2a rights that I can spend my $$$ at.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast