Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Average prices on .22lr ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Sights View Post
    Hopefully it will be back to normal in only a few months. I think its going to take much longer with DHS buying 1.6 billion rounds over the last year. DHS doesn't have to worry about the cost.
    Personally, I don't think the DHS purchase is what's causing this, it's the private gun owners panic buying. If every private gun owner in the US buys 50 rounds of ammo for each of their guns, that's about 14 billion rounds right there. And people have been buying thousands of rounds, not just 50.

Everyone just needs to run out of money.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post
    I was waiting for someone to tell me that Thunderbolt is a roller coaster at Kennywood!

Seriously, are you familiar with it? It is supposed to be made by Remington.
    As long as you don't expect match ammo, it's OK. Typical bulk .22 ammo - dirty, you likely will get a few duds in a box (most will fire if you try a second time - the primer sometimes doesn't go all the way around the rim). Personally I prefer CCI and Federal for plinking and practice, but will use the Remmy stuff if that's all that's available. If you can get the Remington Golden Bullet bulk ammo it's usually a bit cleaner and more reliable than the Thunderbolt.

(Lawrence County)

It seems that the draught is coming to an end.
    For the .22 lr anyway.
    More and more places have it in stock now with no limits on quantities.
    I get around a fair bit and there are still places that a few are hording. It even looks like some of the horders are trying to dump it at inflated prices still.
    I bought 200 rounds of American eagle today for $11 and 100 RDS of Remington 36 gr HP yellow jackets for $10 no limits because they have plenty more on the way.
    Got 1110 RDS at Kittery Trading post two weeks ago for $64 no limit. Plenty on their shelf !

.22 WMR is still hard to find and expensive. I saw it for $20 for 50 and they said it was the best price around.

Stop paying the $5 for 50 and you'll see it come back to reasonable prices.

Goof luck !

(Northampton County)

Just this week. I have seen 22lr both high & standard vel. in every LGS.
    Meyers in Point Philips has federals & 3 other type of bricks for sale.
    the feds were 49. for a brick The others were that high end stuff for 64.
    cci =100 packs were there.
    Dunklebergers both stores have 22's. I did not check prices.
    Sarcos in Easton, bricks of Armscor H-VEL hp for 40. They had cases lying on the floor. Yes cases of the stuff.

I like & have good shooting with CCI AR 22. with all my 22's. So pretty much just buy that.

Oh Cabelas had rem 22. this past Saturday.

Now if I could find! BULLETS Hornadays FLEX tip for my 35rem.
    NRA Life Member 03/2005

(Chester County)

I thought .22 lr was coming back. Was this short lived? I was at Cabelas in Hamburg on Saturday - nothing in stock. The big name retailers that sell online - Cabelas, Bass Pro, Gander Mountain, CTD, Sportman's Guide, Sportsmens Warehouse seem to all be out of stock or as soon as they get something in - it's gone.

Gunbot and Ammoseek have places selling .22 lr, but the only in stock stuff I see is priced at $0.10 a round or higher. If anything comes up for lower than $0.10 a round, before you can click on the link, it's gone.

Is this what we're in for - to pay $0.10 a round from now on? What are you other .22 shooters paying for ammo - currently?

Let me ask this too - If you had no reserves and wanted to shoot today, what is your maximum price per round you would pay for .22 lr.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    I thought .22 lr was coming back. Was this short lived? I was at Cabelas in Hamburg on Saturday - nothing in stock. The big name retailers that sell online - Cabelas, Bass Pro, Gander Mountain, CTD, Sportman's Guide, Sportsmens Warehouse seem to all be out of stock or as soon as they get something in - it's gone.

Gunbot and Ammoseek have places selling .22 lr, but the only in stock stuff I see is priced at $0.10 a round or higher. If anything comes up for lower than $0.10 a round, before you can click on the link, it's gone.

Is this what we're in for - to pay $0.10 a round from now on? What are you other .22 shooters paying for ammo - currently?

Let me ask this too - If you had no reserves and wanted to shoot today, what is your maximum price per round you would pay for .22 lr.
    .05-.06, been buying it all year at this price. Just have to look around, I picked up 2k rounds last week of Winchester M-22 for 54.00 per thousand. You will be hard pressed to find any for less than .05 a rnd.

(Berks County)

I have paid .08 per round but don't make a habit of it.

paid $40 for 500 the other day..

bobs will have it down to 18.66 per 500 this coming weekend... I aint goin nowhere near there.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

Walmart outside of Altoona today have Rem thunder bolts for $2.39 I think it was, per 50rds.
    Not sure if there was a limit as I figured that was over priced by about $2.38 a box.
    They did have a number of them and a lot of other ammo was stocked but that was it on the .22LR

I can find federal 325 packs for $20. and blazer 500rd bricks for $40. fairly easy.

If that helps any.

(Chester County)

Dicks has 1400 bucket of Remington for $69.99.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast