Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Average prices on .22lr ammo?

While looking for my own stash, I came across CCI standard velocity for $49.99 a brick. No way in hell am I paying that much. Will keep looking.

(Allegheny County)

In a seller's market, the correct price is the most someone is willing to pay for it. I can totally see someone buying up that $9/50 ammo within a few hours after you called.

I wouldn't pay that much, but that's because I have my own stockpile at home. As a new shooter you don't have that luxury. Take the best deal you can find because you won't find many.

(Philadelphia County)

I'd rather wait until I can find someone selling CCI or Federal at a reasonable price. I bought CCI 100 for $10 which I did not care too much on that price but almost $10 for 50 is too high for me.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by shiloh View Post
    Tanner's in Jamison had CCI Blazer 525-round packs for $23 on Saturday -- but they went real quick; I got there at 8:30 and was like 50th in line, I think I got the last brick of Blazer but they still had Remington in stock. Clayton's in Horsham had the Remington 525-round packs for $28 last week, and the CCI mini-mag high velocity .22 for $25 for 375 rounds. A couple weeks back Tanner's had bricks of the Federal Game-Shok high-velocity .22 for a little over $30.
    You must have been the person just a head of me. I got there at 8:35 and I was probably the 51st person in line. It was crazy soon as there doors opened a lot of people went right to the front counter for the .22lr ammo. I grabbed the last box that was tuck behind the CCI boxes. 23 a box no wonder it went so fast !

I have a friend who went to Dicks last friday( I don't shop there)and the were selling Federal 50 packs on for 10.99 !! They are complete ripoffs. He didn't buy any because of the high prices.
    I can't wait till the prices get back to normal and you don't have to wait in long lines to buy ammo.

(Allegheny County)

So you get ripped off for an extra $5 on 50 rounds of ammo. It's more likely to regret not shooting for months than to regret spending an extra $5.

If someone were selling you 5000 rounds of 22lr for $500, that might be a bad deal, but for small round counts I would just roll with the punches (if I didn't have my stockpile).

(Bucks County)

Lucky Gunner just had a bunch of .22 Thunderbolt for sale at over 7 cents a round. It might have 7.2 but someone must have bought every brick as it was gone as fast as it went on sale.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisawa-sensai View Post
    So you get ripped off for an extra $5 on 50 rounds of ammo. It's more likely to regret not shooting for months than to regret spending an extra $5.

If someone were selling you 5000 rounds of 22lr for $500, that might be a bad deal, but for small round counts I would just roll with the punches (if I didn't have my stockpile).
    An extra $5 for 50 rounds would eventually be an extra $500 for 5000 rounds.... As you stated, it's not worth it. At a price of $9 per 50, it would cost me $360 for 2000 rounds. That's expensive...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by djr5252 View Post
    An extra $5 for 50 rounds would eventually be an extra $500 for 5000 rounds.... As you stated, it's not worth it. At a price of $9 per 50, it would cost me $360 for 2000 rounds. That's expensive...
    What I meant to say is that buying 50 or 100 rounds now at inflated prices, just to get some practice during the few months it's going to take for the ammo situation to get back to normal, is probably better than just not practicing at all because you want to save five or ten dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisawa-sensai View Post
    What I meant to say is that buying 50 or 100 rounds now at inflated prices, just to get some practice during the few months it's going to take for the ammo situation to get back to normal, is probably better than just not practicing at all because you want to save five or ten dollars.
    Hopefully it will be back to normal in only a few months. I think its going to take much longer with DHS buying 1.6 billion rounds over the last year. DHS doesn't have to worry about the cost.

(Bucks County)

I was waiting for someone to tell me that Thunderbolt is a roller coaster at Kennywood!

Seriously, are you familiar with it? It is supposed to be made by Remington.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast