Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default 2 day AR15 Carbine Operator Course w/ Night Shoot - Special PAFOA member price!

3 Rivers Tactical Training Solutions, Inc. is conducting a 2 day AR15 Carbine Operator Course on Saturday, March 30th and Sunday March 31st, 2013, at the Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club. Hours are 10 am - 8 pm on Sat, March 30th, and 7 am - 4 pm on Sunday, March 31st.

PLEASE READ THE PARAGRAPH BELOW - SPECIAL RATE FOR PAFOA MEMBERS!

This course has specifically been added to our schedule due to the overwhelming number of requests I've received from PAFOA members following our 2 day carbine class in February. Due to the incredibly positive responses to our February class that I've received on PAFOA, this course is being offered at a discounted rate for PAFOA members only. The normal price for this course is $250.00, but this course will be available to PAFOA members only for $225.00. See bottom of post for payment options.

To view the AAR from our February class, click here - http://forum.pafoa.org/training-tact...24-2013-a.html

Topics covered will be:

1) Firearms Safety Rules

2) Developing Proper Situational Awareness

3) Carbine Zeroing

4) 6 Fundamentals of Carbine Marksmanship

5) Carbine Reloads and Malfunction Clearing

6) Carbine to Pistol Transitions

7) Proper Use of Cover and Concealment

8) Threat Discrimination

9) Standard and Non-Standard Shooting Positions

10) Shooting While Moving

11) Night Shoot / Low Light Exercise

Required Equipment

1) AR15 platform carbine with a sling. 2 point adjustable slings are very strongly recommended. A weapon mounted white light is optional, but very, very strongly recommended. Additionally, a red dot optic is recommended, but not required. All students using an optic must have back-up iron sights on their carbine.

Class III weapons are permitted. If using a Class III weapon, please inform us in advance.

Anyone wishing to attend the course with an AK47 or variant is welcome to do so, but must inform us in advance.

2) A minimum of 300 rounds .223 or 5.56. 500 rounds recommended.

3) A minimum of 3 carbine magazines. The more magazines the better.

4) The ability to carry at least two carbine magazines on your body, either by use of a chest rig or belt setup. A limited number of chest rigs are available for rent from 3T.

5) A serviceable pistol in at least 9mm is optional, but recommended. Pistols must be worn in a kydex or duty type holster, either belt worn or drop leg. Chest rig mounted holsters are not permitted. 100 pistol rounds and a minimum of two pistol magazines are required for those students using a pistol.

6) Shooting gloves are very strongly recommended. Baseball batting gloves also work very well.

6) A quality hand held flashlight.

6) Tinted and clear eye protection.

6) Knee pads are recommended.

7) Hearing protection.

8) Clothing appropriate for weather conditions. BDU / 5.11 type pants with side leg pockets are recommended.

9) An open mind, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn.

Minimum class size is 6, maximum class size is 20. This class is going to fill up quickly - I've received a ton of requests from PAFOA members for additional 2 day carbine courses. With the PAFOA discount, spots will go quickly.

All 3T courses are taught by certified instructors with years of military, law enforcement, and high threat security contracting experience in Iraq and Afghanistan. Threat discrimination and round accountability are core skills that are relentlessly emphasized.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at info@3riverstraining.com or at 412-925-0818.

3T accepts checks, Visa, Mastercard, and PayPal.

To pay online with the special PAFOA rate of $225, please visit the following URL: http://www.3riverstraining.com/march...operator-pafoa

There is no such thing as "advanced firearm skills". There is only the perfect execution of the fundamentals while under stress."

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: 2 day AR15 Carbine Operator Course w/ Night Shoot - Special PAFOA member price!

If you want to attend this class but are having trouble getting ammo, let me know.

I'll try my best to help you out.

John

www.3riverstraining.com

(Bucks County)

Default Re: 2 day AR15 Carbine Operator Course w/ Night Shoot - Special PAFOA member price!

I just took this class and want to let everyone who is considering attending this course to do it. It is very good and John is extremely thorough. You won't be disappointed. I'm considering taking it again just to get a chance to learn something more and get to shoot with some great people.

(Allegheny County)

I've had several PAFOA members sign up already.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

John

www.3riverstraining.com

(Armstrong County)

Is a dedicated 22LR AR upper permitted?
    The original point and click interface was a Colt Peacemaker!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Is a dedicated 22LR AR upper permitted?
    Absolutely.

Not only permitted, but with the current nonsense in the firearms industry regarding ammo, they are highly encouraged.

If anyone has dedicated 22LR upper, or a conversion kit, or a 22LR weapon such as the Smith and Wesson M&P 15/22, by all means bring them.

John

www.3riverstraining.com

(Allegheny County)

Folks,

Reference my above post.........................

We are well aware of the current situation in the firearms industry, and difficulty some are having obtaining ammo.

Please allow me to make a few points:

1) There is plenty of .223 and 5.56 ammo available on www.gunbroker.com Does it cost more than it did back before everything went insane in December? Yes. Have prices begun to return to normalcy over the past month or so? Absolutely.

If you aren't familiar with Gunbroker, it's an auction website exactly like eBay, except everything on the site is firearms and/or survival related.

2) I've received quite a few emails and PM's since I announced this course from folks asking if they can use different calibers such as 5.45mm, 300blackout, and 22lr rifles such as the Smith & Wesson M&P 15/22, etc., etc. The answer to all of these questions is "yes". By all means - bring and use what you have. This is first and foremost a carbine course. Most will bring a traditional AR15 platform carbine, but there are plenty of other options. I have no problem with people using a Mini-14 or an AK47 or variant.

3) I have some AR's available for rent. The cost is $50 for the length of the course. Please contact me if you are interested.

4) Please keep in mind that going to a course and shooting 500 rounds a day does not automatically equate to a quality training course, nor does it guarantee that learning has occurred. People come to training courses with many different goals, but I think it's safe to say that at the end of a course each student should have a better understanding of their weapon and how to use it.

I can assure you that those goals are achieved at all 3T classes.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

(Beaver County)

Buckeye Firearms in Rogers,OH. had cases of .223 and 5.56 when I was there on
    Tuesday.
    It was not cheap. $700 for PMC .223 more for the 5.56.

This is not a recommendation,just a notice of availability.

I am in no way affiliated with this store.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Beaver County)

Is there going to be a decent turnout for this being that its a holiday weekend? Thinking of cancelling the plans and attending. What is the last day to pay and register?

(Allegheny County)

Due to a number of people cancelling in the past week, this course has been rescheduled for May 18th and 19th. Also, I think a couple guys who were initially ready to go should have checked with the wife before committing to a course on Easter.

I'll be posting a new course announcement later this evening.

Thanks to all for the interest.