Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Open Carry in Butler County

Looking to see if there is anyone in the Butler County area that has some experience with open carry. Would love to get together and talk about this.

(Butler County)

Default Re: Open Carry in Butler County

Just curious, but why would you want to open carry and bring attention to yourself?

We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. Winston Churchill........

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by TTR View Post
    Just curious, but why would you want to open carry and bring attention to yourself?
    Deterrence, comfort, ease of draw, improving the public image of gun owners and chicks dig it
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; April 27th, 2008 at 08:41 PM.

(Bucks County)

haven't you read the million other threads that ask this same question? let it go already!! that's like asking someone why they drive a bright red mustang gt - none of your business.

if you don't like it, don't do it and leave the guys who do alone. if you really want to know just for your info and not to start trouble, DO A SEARCH - it's been beaten to frickin death on this site............ end of rant, lol.
    Retired LEO, FFL Holder

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Search and you shal find.

WELCOME BUTLERITE!

I have sorta oc'd everywhere including butler for about a month. I say sorta because I have been carrying owb but with a t-shirt over it. Part of the gun is still visible but people just don't really notice. I even campaigned in front of my polling place next to my 8th grade teacher for hours and he never noticed.

I don't plan on tucking in my shirt because that's not the way I roll.

Anyway good to have you dude and I will be OCing alot more in the area and let you guys know how it goes.

Where u from in butler? You have to go to the group shoots, or hit me up to go shooting sometime.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by p-11 shooter View Post
    Search and you shall find.

WELCOME BUTLERITE!

I have sorta oc'd everywhere including butler for about a month. I say sorta because I have been carrying owb but with a t-shirt over it. Part of the gun is still visible but people just don't really notice. I even campaigned in front of my polling place next to my 8th grade teacher for hours and he never noticed.

Anyway good to have you dude and I will be OCing alot more in the area and let you guys know how it goes.

Where u from in butler? You have to go to the group shoots, or hit me up to go shooting sometime.
    Well I am ready for the group shoots! Will just have to know where they are. took my wife out to the MCSA Range (North of Butler) on Saturday and shot about 100 rounds out of my Bersa (getting her a S&W 442 in June) had a nice time.
    I live not too far from Stanley's Bakery (bottom of New Castle hill).

As for Open Carry, have a time or two. Only had OWB holster for a couple weeks.

(Venango County)

Mmmmmm Stanley's Bakery

I used to work in Butler

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
    haven't you read the million other threads that ask this same question? let it go already!! that's like asking someone why they drive a bright red mustang gt - none of your business.

if you don't like it, don't do it and leave the guys who do alone. if you really want to know just for your info and not to start trouble, DO A SEARCH - it's been beaten to frickin death on this site............ end of rant, lol.
    WOW, don't be so nasty. Settle down. I only asked a question. sheeeze.

We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. Winston Churchill........

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by p-11 shooter View Post
    Search and you shal find.

WELCOME BUTLERITE!

Thanks for the welcome P-11Shooter. I asked the question because OC strikes my interest. I just don't have the ***** to do it .

I'm 20 miles North of Butler out in the sticks. I would like to go shooting sometime. That would be great. We usually prop up a skid on the property, pin some targets and fire away.

I would like to find an indoor range but I just don't have the time to research it.

In the warmer weather I usually just stick my Colt New Agent .45 in my front pocket. It prints like hell but nobody ever notices. In the winter I have all kinds of hiding places.

I'm interested in your OC experiment. Keep us informed.
    Last edited by TTR; April 28th, 2008 at 08:44 AM.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Butlerite View Post
    Well I am ready for the group shoots! Will just have to know where they are. took my wife out to the MCSA Range (North of Butler) on Saturday and shot about 100 rounds out of my Bersa (getting her a S&W 442 in June) had a nice time.
    I live not too far from Stanley's Bakery (bottom of New Castle hill).

As for Open Carry, have a time or two. Only had OWB holster for a couple weeks.
    Where is the MCSA Range? What Bersa do you have. I have the Thunder 380 Duo Tone. It's a shooter for sure.

My wife has a Taurus 85 .38 special lightwight snub nose with CT laser grips.

Good talkin' to you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast